EIGER MARKETING: | At the core we concept, produce and execute events, marketing partnerships and hospitality experiences. But where we really shine, is in our familiarity with the sports marketplace and the relationships we’ve built with teams, talent, venues, properties and industry executives which allows us to seamlessly navigate solutions for clients. We develop smarter strategies that produce impactful brand and consumer experiences.
Tournament Name: | LPGA LA Open www.la-open.com
Overview: | The Operations Assistant Intern will be exposed to all facets of tournament and event management operations in preparation for the 2019 LPGA LA Open to be held April 22nd-28th at Wilshire Country Club in Los Angeles, CA. Positions are open to undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates (sports marketing and business majors preferred, but not required).
Start & End Date: | The start date for this position is late March/ early April 2019. The position is full time for this duration. Ability to work extended hours and weekends is required. Internship concludes at the end of April.
The responsibilities of this position are the coordination of day-to-day activities in support of the Executive Directors, Tournament Director, Operations Manager and entire staff for the 2019 HUGEL JTBC LA Open including, operation plan implementation, pro-am & sponsorship activation, and general administrative duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Assist the Operations Manager with the coordination & implementation of tournament’s operation plan
- Serve as point of contact for tournament deliveries and management storage units
- Assist with the distribution and set-up of tournament IT components
- Support of all partnership activation leading up to and during tournament week including onsite expo spaces, on-course activation & partner hospitality elements
- Responsible for the physical set up and tear down of various tournament events (i.e. moving tables, setting up displays/signage, and moving sponsor products)
- Responsible for misc. mesh/fence installation, barricade install, etc.
- Oversee and assist Supply & Distribution team as needed throughout tournament week
- Support of Pro-am set-up and implementation
- Responsible for setting up of all tournament related office trailers/ work spaces
- Responsible for golf cart fleet and radio management (sign-out lists, distribution, etc.)
- Other duties/projects as assigned
· Work efficiently under pressure and work on several projects simultaneously, prioritizing time sensitive projects
- Take initiative and operate proactively in project management and problem solving
- Be organized with attention to detail and follow through
- Be willing to work weekends and the entire week of April 22-28th
- Be comfortable working both in office and on-course environments
- Have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Be a team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.