Typical Day in the Life
This position could be based out of Phoenix, Salt Lake City or Rancho Cucamonga. A typical day as a IRS Collections Associate might include the following:
- Provide consulting services for various federal tax groups including federal audits, federal tax collection issues and tax resolution services.
- Assist in management and delivery of client IRS, audit, Appeals, collection and penalty abatement projects, including review and analysis of client data, and preparation of required supporting documents and IRS filings.
- Contact and work with IRS audit, collection and Appeals staff regarding client projects and filings.
- Manage client deadlines and the workflow for multiple parties, including internal and external clients.
- Participate in professional association meetings and forums.
Who You Are
- You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- You have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with all levels of Firm management and staff, clients and other external business contacts.
- You are a motivated self-starter who enjoys working independently.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and have strong computer skills.
- In addition to all of this, you have your Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field, are a CPA or Enrolled Agent, have 1-3 years of public accounting or tax resolution experience. Previous IRS collection experience or federal tax consulting is highly preferred but is not a requirement.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals.