Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Internal Audit Associate in Minneapolis might include the following:
- Attend a client engagement meeting with financial institutions to determine timelines and goals of an internal audit.
- Perform all phases of an Internal Audit including risk assessment, planning, execution and report writing, along with interviewing various levels of management as part of executing engagements.
- Provide analysis upon completion of fieldwork in an effort to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Prepare internal audit reports through a paperless environment.
- Research business trends to professionally represent the company and apply this knowledge to the client's solutions, potentially developing new or additional business for the Firm.
- Attend training seminars, professional development and networking events.
Who You Are
- You are inquisitive and enjoy learning about various client business processes and traveling to different locations to assist clients.
- You have the flexibility to work additional hours as needed and enjoy traveling up to 50% of the time.
- You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
- You enjoy being a part of a team and collaborating with others.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- You are a Certified Community Banking Internal Auditor (CCBIA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or are interested in pursuing a certification.
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in a business-related field, and have 1-2 years of experience in public accounting internal audit work or minimum of 2 years of experience in internal audit at a financial institution.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.