At ehsAI, our mission is to make it simpler and less expensive to protect workers and the environment through Artificial Intelligence. This is done through our patent-pending AI engine, which is transforming Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance by converting complex environmental regulations and permits into compliance action items in seconds.
We are well funded, have a growing list of recognized clients in place, and bring 20+ years in EHS compliance and strategic partnerships to the table. We were recently named winner of the 2019 Fundica Roadshow, and recently accepted into the MaRS program (https://marsdd.com/) which supports innovators changing the world. We are excited to begin the search for a senior leadership position of Director of Regulatory Analysis.
You will be shaping our company's global vision to transform the way that EHS regulations are actioned in this new world of AI technology. By working closely with the production and machine learning teams on novel and disruptive solutions, your experience and drive will be valued.
- Identify EHS regulatory requirements in our customer's permits, regulations, plans, policies, procedures, manuals, etc.
- Assist our R&D team with interpreting compliance requirements arising from regulatory documents.
- Provide guidance to our engineers teams as they build product features.
- Work comfortably with project-management web applications to track and manage assigned tasks in timely manner.
- Post-secondary college or university degree, ideally with a background in EHS compliance, auditing, or environmental engineering/sciences.
- 5+ year experience working with North American federal and state/province EHS regulations and operating permits.
- Familiar with regulatory permitting processes and compliance management best practices in North America
- Strong communication skills especially internally with team leads and colleagues
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and direction.
- High attention to details; analytical thinking
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to changing priority schedules
To be a top candidate:
- Familiar with the permitting process and compliance management best practices in global jurisdictions outside of North America.
- Experience working with environmental software programs and knowledge of how compliance obligations are managed within them.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in French, Spanish, and/or other languages.
Why Work Here?
- Viable - We are a rare real-world use case of a commercially successful application of AI technology
- Purpose - We are making a difference in the world! ehsAI makes it less expensive and easier for polluters to comply with regulations
- Impact - You will play a critical role in the development of ehsAI and its future growth
- Flexibility - Work from our Gastown office or/as well as remotely
- Package - we offer a competitive base salary and rare access to equity
Please reach out immediately as we are organizing discussions ASAP.
Job Type: Full-time