We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
The incumbent will act as a solution subject matter expert for the Connecting Ontario solution. This includes the deployment of applications, advanced troubleshooting of complex software applications and working directly with the Business System lead to facilitate the technical onboarding of sites/organizations.
- Perform primary ticket triage for all service requests,
- Perform user maintenance as required (add/modify delete)
- Generate reports as required for internal/external stakeholders (privacy, end users etc) using SQL developer.
- Post implementation validation
- Manage solution certificates (oam)
- Investigate consent related issues
- Knowledge of HL7, ITIL, Remedy, Apelon HIPAAT, Websphere
- Provide support to AMS Team on the tools, processes, environments and solution components of the Connecting Ontario, GTA solution.
- Perform Rotational On-call duties. Provide application related Tier 3 support (24x7x365)
- Provide front and back end expertise of the Connecting Ontario, GTA Provider Portal for the purposes of troubleshooting, development and performance improvements.
- Working directly with the Business System Lead, provide technical and site expertise in the context of transmission of HL7 formatted data from a health service provider to the ConnectingOntario,GTA solution. Resolve issues related to site on-boarding, connectivity and conformance testing.
- Identify and investigate Problems, determining the root cause and corrective actions
- Plan, prepare, implement and validate complex Changes
- Create and execute Site Operations Guide and other technical documentation.
- Review technical changes submitted on behalf of the team and determine impacts, attending CAB where required.
- Provide detailed implementation plans for service and or change requests.Take the lead for ad-hoc problem resolution teams, ensuring appropriate resolution for all application related problems.
- Prepare operational documentation. Review operational documentation for completeness and accuracy. Mentor and train internal staff on usage of the Connecting Ontario solution.
- Provide Tier 2 Support where required
- 5-6 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Experience in project and operational support of the defined technologies
- Provide support to AMS Team on the, operation and monitoring of the Connecting Ontario Solution.
- Experience with complex integrated applications.
- Knowledge of Health care systems, HL7, XML, messaging principles, techniques and technologies is an asset.
- Strong technical skill set with specialty in multiple technologies.
- Experience using tools and techniques for managing changes, incidents and problems (BMC Remedy or other similar tool) and statistical trending and investigations.
- Excellent technical and non-technical written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent general oral and written communications and presentation skills – the ability to express oneself and communicate with staff, peers, management and executives.
- Expertise and in-depth knowledge of the tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for operational readiness.
- Ability to work to aggressive and critical timelines.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Problem solving approaches, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- A University / College diploma / degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
2.Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!
eHealth Ontario is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.