We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
eHealth Ontario is the organization enabling physicians and health care providers establish and maintain electronic health records (EHRs) for all of Ontario’s 13 million residents.
The Technical Specialist plays a lead role in the design, development and integration of solutions, systems and processes within Network Services at eHealth Ontario.
- Meet with clients, business leads, business analysts, architectural team, other operational teams and other key stakeholders to determine technical requirements and criteria for developing infrastructure support.
- Develop, coach, mentor, and provide technical direction to team members to facilitate business and technical analysis in the most direct path to a solution within the agreed timelines.
- Evaluate the feasibility of the architecture and technologies related to a business change and ensure consistency and integration with existing and planned architectures as well as business strategies.
- Bring frameworks and/or framework components to the project team including promoting, training, best practices, etc
- Enhance and support said frameworks, based on a project's need and assist in developing a more robust framework
- Assist in identifying cross-project dependencies and/or overlaps to ensure minimized duplication of efforts and/or ensure that conflicts do not arise
- Provide technical support during the project life-cycle, bringing a broad view and a thorough understanding of the various environments and components that an application will face as it moves through to production
- Assist developers on project teams in the correct setup and productive use of the development environment.
- Will require working outside of normal business hours, and on weekends, as necessary to accommodate system implementations, maintenance, responses to outages
- Occasionally, perform rotational on call duties
- At least 10 years experience translating business requirements into functional systems
- Extensive client experience with a focus on communications and service management
- Extensive experience integrating different vendor products to provide an overall solution
- Experience with implementing ITIL methodology is desired
- Experience with vendor products that utilize workflow management
- Experience working with applications that interface with third party software
- Experience developing, deploying and supporting highly available business critical applications
- Extensive knowledge of client and eHealth Ontario data centre LAN and WAN environments
- Worked with complex, large scale and multi-platform environments
- Experience developing and deploying applications in high-availability environments
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and remediation
- Strong skills in data center network products, design, solutions and integration
- Excellent knowledge of best practices for network design and build
- Proficient with network load balancers, Cisco Content Switch Module, F5 LTM GTM, Cisco Firewalls, Firewall Modules, Routers and Switches including Juniper SRX as well as Cisco 3750, 4000, 6500 and 9000 series devices.
- Advanced skill set with Layer 2 protocols, i.e. STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) , GLBP (Gateway Load Balancing Protocol) and VSS (Virtual Switching System)
- Strong skills in Checkpoint, Cisco and Juniper ISG, Pulse Secure VPN Appliance, Juniper VGW Series Gateways, Fortinet and Paolo Alto Firewalls firewall technologies
- Extensive experience with networking protocols i.e. Transmission Control Protocol Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) , Domain Name System (DNS), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Post Office Protocol (POP3) and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) including knowledge of wireless and remote access technologies
- Strong Skills in Cisco Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs) and Cisco Virtual Service Domains (VSDs)
- Demonstrated understanding of static and dynamic routing protocols; including but not limited to: Exterior Gateway Protocol (EGP) Interior Gateway Protocol, Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Open Shortest Path First Protocol (OSPF) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Skills with Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS)
- Previous Service Provider or Telecom experience is an asset
- Experience with Software Defined Networks in a WAN (SD-WAN) and Cloud Networks
- Experience managing multiple telecom access technologies and vendors
- Strong Skills in Cisco Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K, 1000v Series Switches
- Experience in performing feasibility studies based upon a defined network architecture and technology
- Experience in performing network design in complex environments and ensuring consistency for integration with existing and planned architectures
- Experience creating network engineering standards and Data Centre high availability / redundancy designs
- Strong understanding of security products, protocols and technologies including firewalls and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, concurrent objectives, lead projects and activities and demonstrate effective judgment in prioritizing time
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL Framework and best practices with a focus on incident, change and capacity management
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or applicable business discipline or equivalent from a recognized institution
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
2.Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!
eHealth Ontario is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.