November 21, 2018
December 5, 2018
777 Bay St.
$78,000.00 - $97,500.00/Year
We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
This position is open to applicants who are currently employees of eHealth Ontario, Ontario Public Service or another Ontario Public Sector Agency
The Technical Lead will play a lead role in the on-going design, development, and implementation of technical solutions to ensure functionality, scalability, robustness and performance of eHealth Ontario systems and its application and technical components.
Your Chance to Shine:
Your Skills Make the Difference:
- Develop quality software components and services based on design documents, produce test plans, and write unit tests.
- Develop, coach, mentor, and provide technical direction to team members to facilitate technical analysis in the most direct path to a solution within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure solution design meets the business and technical needs of clients and aligns with eHealth Ontario architecture direction and standards
- Participate in architecture direction and standards
- Bring frameworks and/or framework components to the project team including promoting best practices, etc.
- Enhance and support said frameworks, based on a project's need and assist in developing a more robust framework
- Provide technical support during the project life-cycle, bringing a broad view and a thorough understanding of the various environments and components that an application will face as it moves through to production
- Assist other developers on project teams in the correct setup and productive use of the development environment.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is three to six years.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Experience designing/developing/implementing progressive web applications using frameworks such as Angular, Node.js.
- Experience designing/developing/implementing solutions using current technologies and design patterns including micro-services, containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), and API management.
- Experience implementing healthcare technology industry standards and HL7 FHIR in particular.
- Experience developing, deploying and supporting highly available business critical applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting and remediation
- Worked with complex, large scale and multi-platform environments
- Experience working in an agile development environment and tools such as Confluence, JIRA and CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of IT Security principals is an asset
Minimum level of education to perform this job is completion of Bachelor program or equivalent.
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!
eHealth Ontario is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.