We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
eHealth Ontario is the organization enabling physicians and health care providers establish and maintain electronic health records (EHRs) for all of Ontario’s 13 million residents.
As a Technical Consultant, the incumbent will play a lead role in the design, development and integration of Identity Management solutions, systems and processes with client applications at eHealth Ontario.
- Analyze business and technical requirements to identify opportunities to reuse existing technology or develop realistic new solutions.
- Design and provide technical solutions to meet client requirements using the appropriate design and technology. This could include new or changed work flows, web services, web applications, etc.
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed solution architecture and technologies related to a business change and ensure consistency and integration with existing and planned architectures as well as business strategies
- Broad scope of knowledge of the technologies in the Identity and Access industry (e.g. SAML, SSO, SSO Federation, OAuth and Open ID).
- Coordinate development and deployment work among a team of technical resources (e.g., developers, engineering, Operations, consultants, etc.) to ensure delivery of functionality within predetermined timelines.
- Create technical design documents, deployment guides and configuration guides where applicable.
- Proactively work to achieve a high degree of client satisfaction by identifying potential solutions that allow the client to leverage eHealth Ontario’s services.
- Provide input to the product roadmaps by developing an in-depth understanding of the immediate and future client business needs
- Act as lead resource on some project teams where you will be responsible for most aspects of the deliverables, including client interaction, technical design and development, testing etc
- Investigate industry best practices and technology to determine the viability of integration new technology with existing solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues to determine the most suitable solution and obtain buy-in from the team
- Develop and deliver presentations to clients, steering committees etc. on proposed approaches to addressing client and deliverables. These presentations must facilitate understanding of technical solutions by business audiences using non-technical terms and link proposed solutions to overall business vision
- Ensure application performance metrics are well-defined and delivered
- Ensure that solutions are in compliance with and adhere to eHealth Ontario standards and protocols with respect to privacy and security of information
- Experience developing project scope, work breakdown structures, task sequence and priorities, and identifying required skill sets and resources.
- At least 10 years’ experience translating business requirements into functional systems.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Java experience, 7+ years
- Object Oriented architectures, architecture and programming experience
- SSO (SAML or Open ID Connect/OAuth 2.0) and Identity Access Management experience 7+ years is highly desired
- Experience integrating web applications with external web access management systems
- Experience with the following web technologies: XML, SPML, Web Services (SOAP/REST), web and application servers
- Experience developing, deploying and supporting highly available business critical applications.
- Experience installing software on Linux platforms
- Experience with databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Worked with complex, large scale and multi-platform environments
- Experience in creating design artifacts and solutions which adhere to Software Development Lifecycle methodology
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and remediation
- Practical experience with high availability architecture
- Knowledge of IT Security principles and a good understanding of cryptography is required
- Knowledge and previous experience of Registration, Identity Management and Access Management techniques
- Knowledge of Oracle’s Identity Management (OAM, OIM, OAAM, OUD) or ForgeRock IDM product suite a definite asset
- Develop web applications using Hibernate, Spring, and Spring MVC
- Familiar with authorization and authentication standards and protocols (SAML, OAuth 2, OpenID Connect)
- Development knowledge of AngularJS and Node.JS is an asset
- Knowledge SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and associated deployment concepts and working experience on Cloud technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture, Docker container and Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of Health care systems is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
2.Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!
eHealth Ontario is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.