January 25, 2019
February 8, 2019
415 Yonge St.
Technical Consultant - ETL
$86,240.00 - $107,800.00/Year
We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
The Technical Consultant plays a lead role in the design, development, integration, maintenance and ongoing support for Data Extraction, Transformation and Load processes and applications for Provincial Client and Provider Registries.
Your Chance to Shine:
Your Skills Make the Difference:
- Analyze business and technical requirements to identify opportunities to reuse existing technology or develop realistic new solutions.
- Provide solutions to meet client requirements using the appropriate design and technology
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed solution architecture and technologies related to a business change and ensure consistency and integration with existing and planned architectures as well as business strategies
- Design technical solutions that meet client business requirements, this could include new or changed work flows, web services, web applications, etc.
- Broad scope of knowledge of the technologies used at eHealth Ontario and within the Identity and Access industry (e.g., web application platforms, networking, OSes, OO programming languages, source control, remote access, databases, etc.)Coordinate development and deployment work among a team of technical resources (e.g., developers, engineering, Operations, consultants, etc.) to ensure delivery of functionality within predetermined timelines.
- Create technical design documents, deployment guides and configuration guides where applicable.
- Proactively work to achieve a high degree of client satisfaction by identifying potential solutions that allow the client to leverage eHealth Ontario’s services.
- Consult with business units and projects in identifying, documenting and evaluating options for the delivery of solutions to client business requirements.
- Provide input to the product roadmaps by developing an in-depth understanding of the immediate and future client business needs
- Assess new and existing technical solutions to ensure that client business requirements are met
- Act as lead resource on some project teams where you will be responsible for most aspects of the deliverables, including client interaction, technical design and development, testing etc
- Investigate industry best practices and technology to determine the viability of integration new technology with existing solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues to determine the most suitable solution and obtain buy-in from the team
- Integrate, and modify where necessary, both purchased and existing components to create seamless interaction with other parts of the system and with client applications
- Develop and deliver presentations to clients, steering committees etc. on proposed approaches to addressing client and deliverables. These presentations must facilitate understanding of technical solutions by business audiences using non-technical terms and link proposed solutions to overall business vision
- Ensure application performance metrics are well-defined and delivered
- Ensure that solutions are in compliance with and adhere to eHealth Ontario standards and protocols with respect to privacy and security of information
- Identify opportunities for improvement of business and development processes, related architectural and software frameworks and the overall direction of services.
- Provide independent assessments of technical problem, issues and solutions to the Executive Team,
- Experience developing project scope, work breakdown structures, task sequence and priorities, and identifying required skill sets and resources.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to completion of a university (bachelor) program in a specialized field of study and work. The work requires a sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and concepts associated with the subject area and an understanding of the relation of these to the responsibilities of the job. This specialized training is often recognized by a degree and/or professional designation.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is ten to fifteen years.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Strong understanding of Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes and principles
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage and Change Data Capture (Data Replication) (version 11.3 or higher)
- Experience with SQL programming in relational databases
- Knowledge of IBM Master Data Management Suite an asset
- A strong knowledge of Health care systems and HL7 format
- Experience with distributed messaging and streaming data solutions (e.g. Kafka)
- Experience with container based development (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and remediation
- Experience with scaling solutions to handle growing demand, ensuring fault tolerance and reliability in solutions, and improving throughput of existing solutions
- Strong experience with REST API's, XML, JSON
- Practical experience with Linux RedHat in a clustered environment, including shell scripting
- Extensive experience integrating different vendor products to provide an overall solution
- Experience developing, deploying and supporting highly available business critical applications.
- Worked with complex, large scale and multi platform environments
- Strong understanding of agile development practices
- Understanding of Project Management concepts
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of IT Security principals is an asset
- Experience with PKI and WS-Security, WS-Policy and various WS-* standards
- Knowledge of Oracle 11g database administration concepts
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!
eHealth Ontario is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.