We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
eHealth Ontario is the organization enabling physicians and health care providers establish and maintain electronic health records (EHRs) for all of Ontario’s 13 million residents.
The Systems Engineer for ONE ID will be the resource on various types of projects, development, production and environment support, trouble-shooting and maintenance releases.
- Creation and improvements of solution implementation and deployment documents and scripts.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications and restore normal operations in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Evaluate the feasibility of the solution architecture and technologies related to a business change and ensure consistency and integration with existing and planned architectures as well as business strategies
- Participate in preparation of architectural changes, solution design and technical specifications
- Under the guidance of Technical Consultant, design, develop, test, and implement new solutions as well as enhancements to existing solutions; plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with Technical Consultant, business analysts, architects, testers and system owners in the testing (unit, system and integration) of newly developed software applications.
- Work with internal IT groups, vendors and other third parties to define/design information technology solutions to business problems
- Research and make recommendations on products and services in support of procurement and development efforts
- Adhere to eHealth Ontario processes, security and privacy.
- Perform Rotational On-call duties. Provide application Tier 3 support (24x7x365)
- Occasionally, working outside of normal business hours, and on weekends, is necessary to accommodate system implementations, maintenance, and responses to outages
- Maintain and operate test environments
- Implement product patches to ensure software is current and supported by the vendor (if required)
- At least 5+ solid years of experience in software engineering and/or system integration
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO), SAML or OpenID Connect/OAuth 2.0 3+ years is highly desired
- 5+ years of Java software development and deployment is desired
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery practices
- Experience in creating application and solution artifacts such as technical requirement and design documents.
- Strong communication skills, to liaise between internal technical and external client business teams
- Team player with track record of meeting strict deadlines
- Knowledge of application development using current continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
- It would be an asset to have DEVOPS knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software development using Java and or Node.JS is an asset
- Experience in building and deploying web based applications and application integration
- Experience with scripting and testing tools
- Knowledge of authentication technologies such as SAML, SSO, Secure Token Service, SSO Federation, OpenID Connect or OAuth is an asset
- Good understanding of Linux systems and IP networking
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a multi-platform deployment issues
- Understand how public key infrastructure (PKI) is an asset
- Process oriented with good analytical skills and sound judgment
- Proven ability in working with matrix organizations and conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
- Commitment to client delivery and satisfaction
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or computer/electrical engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
2.Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!
eHealth Ontario is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.