Vacancy ID#: 2019-01
Location: Toronto/Ottawa, ON
Category: Mid-Senior Level
Date: April 8th, 2019
Founded in 1995, The Egmont Group is a united body of 159 Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs). The Egmont Group provides a platform for the secure exchange of expertise and financial intelligence to combat money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF). This is especially relevant as FIUs are uniquely positioned to cooperate and support national and international efforts to counter terrorist financing and are the trusted gateway for sharing financial information domestically and internationally in accordance with global Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) standards.
The Egmont Group Secretariat (EGS)provides strategic, technical, and administrative support to the Head of FIU, the EC, the Working Groups, the Regional Groups, and assists to manage the content posted on the open communities within the Egmont Secure Web. The EGS is headed by the Executive Secretary whose appointment is endorsed by the HoFIU, and reports directly to the Chair of the Egmont Group. The Egmont Group Secretariat was established in July 2007 and is based in Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the Executive Assistant and Officer Manager (EAOM) assists the Executive Secretary, prepares correspondence, performs general administrative task and manages the Secretariat Offices to ensure the smooth functioning of the Secretariat; coordination with service providers in the managing the secure and public Egmont websites, assists in Egmont events managements; and assists colleagues to ensures that all Egmont members and groups are well served in accordance with the mandate and accountabilities of the Executive Secretary and the Egmont Group Secretariat.
- Assist the Executive Secretary (ES) by helping to produce quality documents and correspondence, coordinating the schedule, attending to communications on the Executives Secretary's behalf; and providing strategic administrative advice.
- Receive visitors, answers general phone calls and emails, field media, request for information, support other members of the Secretariat team, as required and assist the ES and other Secretariat staff with general administration and correspondence.
- Ensure effective information management by classifying and filing documents and correspondence physically and electronically for read access when needed, managing the Egmont Secure Web (ESW) and the public website.
- Assist the Senior Officer and the host FIU in planning and preparing for major events by preparing and distributing documents and invitations, managing the registration system, updating and circulating the guidance document and answering host FIU staff questions.
- Provide onsite administrative support and liaison at Egmont events by managing the Secretariat office on site and training 'Room Attendants' provided by the host FIU and providing support and advice whenever needed,
- Ensure the efficient operation of Secretariat office to support the work of the Egmont Secretariat by maintaining the Administration Manual, researching and recommending suppliers and products, maintaining inventories of all office and hospitality supplies, ensuring that all office equipment and computers are operational and that data is backed up daily and ensuring the cleanliness and good order of the office.
- Provide administrative support by making travel arrangements, administering petty cash, assist with onboarding of employees, tracking staff time worked and not worked, supporting Health and Safety and Fire and Evacuation procedures, monitoring security camera and setting up security access for staff, visitors and contractors.
- When required, the EAOM will serve as backup to the Financial and Administrative Support Assistant:
- Processes and record all invoices, travel and expense claims for the review of the Senior Financial Officer and approval of the ES.
- Prepare purchase pre-approval forms for new purchases under the RFP threshold.
- Provide other secretariat services and perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Executive Secretary.
The successful candidate will possess -
- University degree or college diploma in business or office administration
- 5+ years office administration experience
- Demonstrated direct admin support to executive or senior staff
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Bright, confident and extremely well presented on a professional level
- Previous experience handing confidential issues and confidential material
- Experience managing department and office budgets
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and switch gears with short notice
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written English
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel
Please note, the candidate must be willing to move to Ottawa as of August 1st, 2019 due to relocation of the company.
Please submit your resume by April 12th, 2019. Please include the vacancy ID#2019-01 in the subject line.
The Egmont Group is committed to employment and pay equity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including individuals of Indigenous descent, racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. We also provideaccessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources
Job Type: Full-time