To provide a service of investigation and treatment of infertile couples, and to provide the highest standard of patient care through effective and professional teamwork, in compliance with associated Code(s) of Practice.
- To direct the care of new and follow up patients at Effortless IVF from referral consultation through to completion of treatment.
- To maintain accurate and clear medical records.
- To direct training in accordance with College requirements, best practice and Effortless IVF SOPs and protocols.
- To maintain consistent medical treatment of patients by working in accordance with agreed protocols and achieve medical continuity of care for IVF Patients.
- To ensure that all patients have the highest chance of achieving a successful outcome through thorough case analysis and decision making based on agreed protocols.
- To provide honest communication about chances and limitations, and constant feedback to patients and colleagues.
- To consult, advise, monitor and perform appropriate surgical procedures for infertility patients.
- Makes day to day clinical decisions, in accordance with established protocols.
- In addition to specialized gynecology skills, a strong interest in fertility treatment and a willingness to learn are pre-requisite requirements of this role.
- Understanding and empathy with infertility patients and a desire to contribute to the business success of the unit are key to the performance of this role
- Designated to have overall responsibility for all nursing and clinical personnel
- designated to have overall responsibility for the operating room policies and procedures
- maintain active certification in Health Care Provider level certified CPR with AED training
- have the necessary training and experience to administer conscious IV sedation
- ensure the qualifications and provide supervision of all staff who participate in patient care
- ensure the safety and quality of medical equipment used in the facility
- Have a current practice permit in Alberta and be recognized by the CPSA as a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and
- Have sub-specialty recognition by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, or
- Have international training and recognition in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility equivalent to that required for certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- To have a solution-oriented approach to problem solving with colleagues within the Medical Function.
- To bring forward creative ideas within the medical function or for any aspect of patient treatment/care.
- Make decisions regarding patients' medical treatment, drug regimes, timing of procedures, referral for other treatments not available at Effortless IVF.
- Propose improvements to protocols and procedures. To be involved with infertility research projects and publications in peer review journals and for use in marketing initiatives.
- In order to foster inter-functional collaboration, a teamwork approach is crucial. To ensure timely flow of clear, relevant information, using the most appropriate and effective communication methods to patients and within the function.
- Ability to present and lecture to professional colleagues nationally and internationally
- Proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Well developed communication and presentation skills. An empathetic approach to patient care and ability to communicate clearly, honestly and concisely in-patient consultations, including the ability to deliver 'bad news' in a constructive and sympathetic manner.
- Experience and expertise in vaginal scanning.
- A team player as a member of the medical function.
- An innovative approach, open to new ideas and able to implement protocols, procedures and management initiatives with his/her medical colleagues.
Job Type: Full-time
- REI Certification: 1 year (Preferred)