Efficient Energy Compliance (EEC) is a full-service energy consulting firm providing commissioning, energy efficiency, energy modeling, energy management and local law compliance solutions for buildings in the commercial and multifamily residential sectors. We are seeking an Energy Engineer / Energy Modeler to join our Manhattan, NY office to fill an open position for experienced professionals.
The Energy Engineer / Energy Modeler will work on energy and sustainability related projects with a focus on HVAC equipment and BMS / Control systems. Typical project tasks include Energy Code Compliance Analysis, Energy Modeling and Energy Savings Calculations. Candidates should have a strong passion for the fields of HVAC, building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability. There is tremendous potential for growth and advancement.
* Create Energy Code compliance energy models using DOE2 software programs utilizing ASHRAE Standard 90.1 Appendix G
* Perform Energy Analysis for energy code compliance using ASHRAE Standard 90.1 Appendix G
* Perform ASHRAE Level I, II, and III Energy audits of commercial, institutional and multifamily residential facilities.
* Complete spreadsheet (Excel) based energy savings calculations; create calculations as needed for custom measures.
* Represent EEC at client meetings.
* Must have a working knowledge of ASHRAE Standard 90.1
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related bachelor's degree such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or related field is required.
* Working experience with DOE2 energy modeling tools such as i.e. Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, eQuest, Energy Plus, Open Studio, IES VE, Design Builder
* Must have an understanding of building automation systems, steam, hot water, chilled water, and HVAC systems and components.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Excellent computer skills required including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a Computer Assisted Drafting Program such as AutoCad, BIM, REVIT, SketchUp or SolidWorks
* Good interpersonal and leadership skills required.
* Must have strong ability to practically apply engineering knowledge.
* Must have strong ability to work and/or lead in a team environment.
* Must be able to walk throughout large facilities that may require PPE such as steel toe shoes, hardhat, eye and ear protection.
* Must be able to climb ladders and stairs to access roof or other locations.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time