Efficiency Capital (EC) - (www.efficiencycap.com)is an innovative developer, investor and manager of energy efficiency projects. EC works with building owners to identify strategic efficiency opportunities in their buildings to unlock significant value, optimize asset allocation, and achieve deep energy and greenhouse gas reductions. EC was launched by The Atmospheric Fund (TAF), a regional climate agency that invests in low-carbon solutions in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area, to accelerate efficiency upgrades for Canada's aging building stock and is the sole licensee of TAF's award-winning Energy Savings Performance Agreement (ESPA).
What is the opportunity?
- Join a small early-stage growth company for hands-on experience in many aspects of the organization
- Become a key pillar of support to the sales and project implementation leads
- Gain outstanding knowledge and experience in energy efficiency management and in building an organization around it.
What will you do?
The Business Development Assistant will provide support to the business development, marketing and administrative efforts through marketing materials, data management, research, proposal writing and client and event coordination. In this role, you will exercise discretion and independent judgement as they manage and complete multiple assignments under strict deadlines. This requires attention to detail, regular communication with senior management, and team coordination.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted energy efficiency solutions and investments to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Starting as soon as possible
- Benefits after probation period
- Opportunities to participate variable team compensation
- Operational & Sales Support
- Prepares marketing information, client contacts, business development background information, proposal preparation, etc.
- Coordinate with external clients, partners, and engineers, as related to the sales processes;
- Prospective client research and summary development of findings (strategic goals, sustainability objectives, financial performance, current news, live corporate risks, etc.)
- Organizes and documents data needed for ongoing business development, project and client information tracking
- Outreach to prospective clients including attending events; liaise with clients and service providers
- Site visits and supervision activities
- Manage CRM activities
- Pipedrive CRM, add new deals, forward client emails and files to their portfolio, add activities, and coordinate general sales flow;
- Work on Pipedrive activities for customers, call or email customers, and respond to any client emails;
- Manage team admin and coordination
- Organize calendar and events planning;
- Manage sales and general queries;
- Take weekly team meeting notes;
- Conduct weekly calls with partners and engineers.
- Maintain the document storage on server, upload any relevant client documents received by email, and make continual changes to structure
- General Administrative
- Provide critical, day to day administrative support to the EC team
- Meetings management including; scheduling, conference calls, recording of minutes, material preparation such as meeting agendas, and arranging catering if required
- Maintain an electronic EC team calendar that includes meetings, team travel schedules, and marketing opportunities/events
- Effective data management for use with document templates, invitation lists and program profiles
- Answer internal and external queries via phone/email or in person
- Formal qualifications and training in any of the following is considered an asset: accounting, business, law, and/or real estate.
- Knowledge of client development and marketing principles in real estate or financial services industry is an asset - Financial and technical literacy/understanding is key.
- Experience in coordinating the development process for engineering, real estate, and/or renewable energy projects is of value.
- Comfortable with preparation of proposals, proficient with assisting technical personnel with projects documents, capable with client management functions, and efficient with internal administration duties
- Comfortable managing CRM and supporting a sales process is imperative
- Fluency with Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and a general aptitude for software and IT.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents, ability to communicate complex ideas clearly
- High degree of professionalism when interacting with clients
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Independent self starter capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive projects
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Ability to grasp and apply new ideas
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Development Support: 2 years (Preferred)