We currently has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant, in our head office. This position will report to the Executive Assistant / Search + Talent and will support our Search + Talent team members across the country.
We are Canada's leading consultants to the non-profit sector with professionals across the country in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. And through our 35 years of experience, we've helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams and raise billions of dollars in the education, health, social service, arts & culture and religious sectors.
In doing that work, we firmly place our focus on values and people...both ours and our clients'. We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative and respectful relationships with our colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and live them every day.
And because we know the future won't look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What's Next.
Search + Talent Support:
- Prepare, format, and proofread meeting materials (i.e. agendas, reports, presentations, Position Profiles, Briefs, advertisements, proposals, search lists, etc.), and send them out on time
- Update and maintain the Search database with new candidate, client, and search records
- Link electronic and other records to search database
- Maintain all search database training documentation and ensure accuracy and consistency of data entry among users; train as necessary; and ongoing database management as required
- Post online advertisements and social media posts
- Prepare all candidate summaries ("Long Lists") and interview guide booklets for client meetings
- Save all cover letters and resumes into appropriate Client electronic folder(s)
- Organize all travel and logistics for consultant(s) and/or out of town candidates
- Web research (i.e. client/candidate background info, contact information, annual reports, board of director, etc.)
General Administrative Support:
- Provide full clerical, marketing, and administrative support to the Search + Talent team, and other staff as needed:
- Answer telephone, and respond to email messages in a timely fashion
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures
- Create and upkeep filing system (electronic and hard copy), including scanning and saving to file various records and interview notes.
- Support other staff on an as-needed basis
- Digitalize documents and file as appropriate
- Schedule, organize, and confirm meetings and appointments
- Handle meeting logistics such as boardroom reservations, catering, greeting guests, and other such arrangements
- Prepare expense reports for candidates and consultant(s) and submit to accounting for reimbursement
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent proof-reading, grammar, and spelling skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, and committed team player
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, judgment and problem solving ability
- Communicative and engaging, with excellent listening skills
- Strong work ethic with ability and skills to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong computer software skills and some familiarity with data management and databases, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel Adobe Acrobat, Zoom/Skype, and Website software
- Flexible and responsive to client/consultants needs
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Customer service orientation, for both external and internal audiences
- Ability to proactively develop and maintain relationships with peers and senior members of the team
- Excellent ability to monitor and adhere to deadlines and timelines; capacity to navigate among team members and clients in multiple time zones.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
We believe that people are catalysts and that organizations can only achieve their full potential with the right people on their team. This is true both for our clients.
To be considered, candidates should send both resume and letter of interest as word or pdf documents.
Please note that we will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, early submission is appreciated
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)