eFemme is Toronto based a beauty company that has plans to extend and launch a new line of beauty products and healthcare supplements for the Chinese market.
With this growth, we are now seeking a product developer that will take the lead in product development. You will create and maintain vendor relationships (North America & China & South Korea) to ensure new products are pertinent and meet all regulations. With multiple launches planned for 2019, this is a hugely strategic position needing an experienced professional capable of embracing the 'all hands in' approach. As the perfect candidate for this role, you must have prior Cosmetics, Skincare, Dietary Supplement experience and love the challenge of working in a lean, entrepreneurial environment. The ability to bring products to market, from concept to supply delivery, is a must and strong project management background is strongly preferred.
Research & Analysis:
- Support development of new consumer-inspired product innovation strategy to support a brand's strategic direction
- Conduct research for new product ideas or ingredients
- Research and report on competitive product launches and new technologies through daily beauty blogs, industry reports, etc.
- Attend industry conferences and lectures to stay informed of new products and packaging direction and trends
- Work with a creative team to brainstorm new product ideas/concepts
- Spearhead the development of new formulas and line extensions across cosmetics and dietary supplements, collaborate with a creative team and a marketing specialist on generating new concepts, and provide technical and cost assessments
- Lead communications with suppliers/vendors to support the development process
- Partner with responsible departments to ensure all projects are delivered on-cost, on-spec, on-time
- Source components for new products
- Create a range of potential claims in coordination with Marketing and direct necessary claims testing
- Evaluate product submissions for texture, color, scent, function etc. Own distribution of product samples to a broader team.
- Evaluate and approve proposed package submissions for evaluation, aesthetics, and functionality
- Approve lab standards, test fills, pre/production batches
- Complete Safety/Sensory test requests
- Manage relationship with Regulatory/Compliance (China) to ensure claims approval
- Obtain and cascade final ingredient lists to key cross-functional partners (Regulatory/Compliance, Marketing, Creative, Operations)
Logistic and Shipment
- Managing export and shipping goods to Chinese ports and ensuring all regulations are met.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Beauty, Chemistry or Food Science.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Development within the beauty or dietary supplement industry
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience, including leading projects to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; a balance of analytical and creative
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Demonstrates a "hands-on" team approach to solving problems
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to employ critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to approach any/all issues.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic in approaching challenges, with a solution-oriented mindset and uses mature discretion in approaching situations
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Development: 2 years (Required)