REGIONAL MANAGER - HOST FAMILY DIVISION (Canada)
This position is an independent contractor.
About Educatius International
Educatius International's academic programs help international students from around the world to achieve their dreams to study abroad - mainly in the USA and Canada, but in other countries too. Over many years, our high-quality academic programs have combined the best of American public and private high schools, universities and language schools with a supportive living environment. Whether a student is searching for a top academic private, public or boarding school, or for a semester experience attending a high school and living with a host family, or for the chance to earn a scholarship at a competitive university - Educatius has the range of programs to match!
Reporting to the VP of Partnerships and Business Development, the Regional Manager (RM) will play a critical role in building and expanding Educatius' presence in Canada, and in ensuring the overall success of the homestay program in their community. The RM will manage the process of student placement in host families and schools while providing excellent customer service to students, parents and school personnel. The RM will provide tutoring and support services for international students and create positive working relationships with schools and host families. This part time independent contractor role will be 10-15 hours per week during the spring and 20-30 hours per week during the summer.
- Develop a local network of host families through a variety of marketing efforts to meet company goals
- Select suitable host families for all new students, while ensuring that host availability, matching criteria, and student preferences are observed
- Screen host family applications and personally interview prospective families to assure the Educatius standard of quality is met.
- Provide weekly individual English and academic tutoring and support for each student via scheduled meetings
- Provide support as needed to recruited host families within the assigned region
- Continually develop relationships with both new and existing hosts in the region
- Collaborate with school staff, host families and students in working through issues regarding homestay problems and cultural differences and respond to crisis situations in a prompt and caring manner
- Provide necessary documentation for support cases during course of program
- Act as an advocate and oversee custodial responsibilities for students
- Work directly with schools, parents and agencies to problem solve school-related and academic concerns
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents, and partner agents
- Ensure timely placement of all students within the assigned region
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner with partner agents
- Align with company values and adhere to policies and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned by management team
- The position is remote and Manager will be working from a home office with company computer and telephone provided. Hours will vary with the academic calendar. The RM will be required to telecommute and there is approximately 25% travel to schools and host family homes in their region.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and in a team and maintain relationships with others
- Excellent people and problem-solving skills including conflict resolution
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with MS Office, and Google programs.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, Word and database software products
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with the local community
- Knowledge of homestay policies and procedures
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Ability to successfully obtain a police clearance
- Fluency in another language (especially Mandarin) is a strong asset.
In addition, all Relationship Managers must have:
- readily accessible and cost-effective transportation appropriate for these responsibilities;
This position is an independent contractor.
The ability to telecommute from home.
We supply the home office equipment (computer, cell phone and a printer), computer applications and software used for day-to-day work operations.
When applying, please ensure that you outline how your training and experience specifically relate to the job requirements.
Submitted resumes should be saved in .doc, .docx or .pdf format with your name in the filename, (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
Please note: Applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Educatius is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Job Type: Part-time