M-F 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
SALARY $15.11 - $21.55
1. Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills.
2. Strong Analytical skills
3. Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
4. Strong computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office software.
5. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
6. Ability to meet deadlines.
7. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex written and oral instructions.
8. Four (4) years or more experience in accounting or finance, plus a high school graduate or equivalency degree
9. Internal candidates must have received a satisfactory rating of 80% or above on your last performance review and have remain in good standing (no disciplinary action in the last 6 months).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Check invoices for mathematical accuracy.
2. Process matching of invoices to receipt of services copies and purchase orders.
3. Determine appropriate general ledger account codes for invoice journals.
4. Enter invoices into accounts payable system.
5. Enter and post invoice journals and payment journals in General Ledger.
6. Process weekly check run
7. Communicate with vendors and other departments on matters pertaining to accounts payable.
8. Research credits and unpaid invoices.
9. Prepare manual checks.
10. Cross trains back-up person for accounts payable.
11. Maintain log of all accounts payable automated and manual checks.
12. Assist with 1099 processing.
13. Process voids checks and maintains a void check log.
14. Review long distance phone bill - monitors and distribute to employees - collects monies for personal long-distance calls.
15. Reconcile accounts payable subledger to General Ledger.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.
It is a policy of Miami Parking Authority not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, sexual preference, marital status, handicap, or age. Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.