Designs, executes and conceptualize seasonal lines under the direction of the Creative Director, Design Director and Director of Merchandising. Work closely with the Design team to build a communication network to achieve common goals.
1. Help to design an apparel line to meet and exceed expectations of market needs and is brand appropriate
2. Ensure line plan and calendar is followed.
3. Research and develop new fabrics/trims etc. Review presentation boards to be sure all have enough new ideas, designs, and fabrics.
4. Attend and participate in fittings.
5. Compile and present ideas to Designer, Director and VP. Research trends and present new ideas through
6. attending trade shows, reviewing fashion magazines, meeting with vendors, competitive shopping, etc.
7. Help with the process of ensuring perfect protos are passes to dupes and pre-production.
8. Collaborate with the design team and work closely with merchandising for commercial direction/partnership.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 2-4 years of women's denim design
- Must understand denim fabrications, washes and denim development
- Must understand construction of denim 5 pockets, shirt and jackets and denim related fashion products.
- Understanding and knowledge of contemporary women's market
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be experienced in tech packs, BOM's, PLM and/or Full Circle processing of tech packs.
- Must have talent in sketching ideas either by hand or illustrator and must be proficient and accurate in technical sketching.