Operations Associate at Cover
Cover is seeking an experienced Operations Associate to help the company grow responsibly. You will report to the Business Operations Lead. This role encompasses both large and small needs of the business and spans two offices (San Francisco and Toronto). Ideally this person takes on a wide range of responsibilities while we're still small and scrappy, but will grow into a leadership role with the company (Human Resources / Operations Lead, etc.)
- Hiring support: You will work with each respective team lead to assist with the hiring process including recruiting, scheduling, booking travel, and managing on-site candidate visits.
- New hire on-boarding: You will work to set-up and maintain a process for on-boarding new employees (desk setup, payroll, benefits enrollment, swag, etc.)
- Human Resources: Develop an employee performance review program and feedback cycle. Build employee development and training programs. Maintain payroll, bonus, and benefits processes.
- Executive Support: Support the leadership team with various tasks such as scheduling, documentation, travel etc.
- Internal Communications: Participate and take notes in leadership meetings to circulate to the rest of the company.
- Performance Management: Assist in planning and execution of our OKR Goal Setting process.
- Finance: Support bill payment, invoicing, approving expenses, etc.
- Event Coordination: Coordinate internal events, corporate functions, lunches and dinners.
- Day to day: Although this won't be your primary responsibility, you'll be expected to chip in with day to day tasks associated with office needs including coordinating cleaning, maintenance, and snack fulfillment, etc.
- Be sharp, meticulously organized, highly intuitive, and able to anticipate up-to-the-minute needs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft, edit, and proofread speeches and presentation material.
- Background in Human Resources - either work experience or degree.
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance and practices and experience in developing, executing and maintaining HR projects and programs.
- Embody the Cover team's values and represent Cover as a top notch brand ambassador.
- Have 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Proactively anticipate next steps on administrative tasks.
- Exhibit sound judgment and withhold the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.