Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
A Corus Entertainment Company
Corus Radio Digital
AM DIGITAL CONTENT COORDINATOR:
Temporary, 7-month term
Corus Radio Digital has an exciting new opportunity for an AM DIGITAL CONTENT COORDINATOR at our Calgary office. Reporting to the Manager of Digital in Alberta at Global News, the successful candidate will work with our team to execute our Digital strategies across CHQR 770. Flexibility is required. She or he will be expected to produce compelling web and multi-platform content, including written, text-based, audio, video and interactive online features and original enterprise reporting.
About the Role
- Manage the full digital presence for news across CHQR 770
- Engage audiences through various social media platforms.
- Provide breaking news and enterprise coverage on CHQR 770 websites, social platforms, mobile apps.
- Plan and create compelling and original multi-media news web content, including breaking news, written features, photo- and video-based features, and interactive features.
- Work directly with the Globalnews.ca teams in Calgary, Alberta and across Canada to coordinate market-leading news coverage.
- Repurpose wire copy (CP and otherwise) for search engine optimization.
- Manage all social accounts for CHQR 770 for all News and talk coverage.
- Design and execute all special coverage content for website and social media.
- Act as liaison with local Global News teams to ensure we are delivering the most engaging and robust content possible across radio, online and television platforms.
- Adhere to all Global News editorial standards and best practices
- Utilize online tools, such as content management systems (WordPress), photo databases (CP/AP, Getty) wire news service interfaces (Quickwire, ENPS)
- Providing local analytics reports on CHQR content and social performance weekly
- Departmental workflow: Responsible to ensure all projects are executed professionally and on time.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- College or university degree (or equivalent experience) in Journalism, New Media, or Communications.
- Must have 3 years minimum experience in major news media market and developing online content.
- Must have excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and passion for all forms of news - everything from international events to politics, the arts, pop culture, sports, as well as a keen interest in technology and digital media.
- Excellent writing, copy editing and substantive editing skills.
- Must be a collaborator with excellent personal skills and be able to train and educate other employees of varying skill levels.
- Strong working knowledge of digital production techniques, including online information architecture, digital project management, video encoding and distribution, and organic story creation.
- Diverse content experience across multiple verticals and formats, including digital video, photos, text articles, blogs, social media tools.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize, as necessary.
- Detail-oriented and accountable for deadlines and quality of work; must be able to self-direct in a busy work environment.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.