At Commonwealth, you will help shape how organizations make decisions on a global scale. Some of the projects you might work on include:
- Voting and signaling systems that coordinate different kinds of stakeholders, and balance decision-making between experts and laypeople
- Issue-based discussion forums that scale up effectively
- Infrastructure for DAOs that make capital formation frictionless
- Systems for verifiable and secure voting built on cutting-edge cryptography
- Experiments in quadratic voting and public goods distribution that bridge economic theory and practice
As one of the first companies building decentralized governance systems, what we work on will influence a whole generation of networks, including organizations beyond the blockchain. Our technology will help to underpin decision making for projects and protocols at the cutting edge of computation, financial, and legal infrastructure.
Almost all the work we do is open-source, and much of it is on a progressive tech stack developed by some of the best engineers in the world.
- Build out well-tested, polished developer libraries, tools, and components that abstract away the complexity of Commonwealth protocol and empower developers in creating meaningful & open financial services.
- Build re-usable infrastructure for consumption by the open-source community that pulls data from and interact with the Ethereum and other blockchains.
- Spearhead a user-focused product lifecycle by distilling user feedback and metrics into actionable product improvements.
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering.
- An ability to write high quality, well-tested code.
- A strong understanding of the mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps
- A passion for decentralized technologies and their potential to transform the financial system
- Familiarity with Solidity development / the Web3 stack
- Additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Monthly mobile phone bill and transportation reimbursement
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it)
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.