This role is responsible for driving the strategic marketing plan for Cogeco Business Solutions (CBS), in collaboration with
key internal partners, to ensure the successful financial performance of the CBS business unit. This includes the overall
management and evolution of the company’s business solutions services (including coax and Fiber) comprised of: internet
services, phone services (including Business +, our Hosted PBX solution), television services and all added value or
ancillary services related to these core services. The Senior Director will ensure the ongoing competitive positioning of
Cogeco Business Solutions total portfolio of services to achieve the company’s short and long term growth objectives within
this market segment. In addition to this product responsibility, this person will be responsible for the annual target attainment
through all other areas of marketing including, packaging, pricing, promotion, customer communications and the
development of end to end customer facing programs to drive the financial results of the CBS business unit. In keeping with
the digital evolution, this person will be responsible for driving an evolving marketing automation approach, with a key focus
on data-driven activities that run from engagement through to customer management, The incumbent will work in very close
collaboration with the sales leadership team to ensure success of all acquisition and customer management programs,
working as one team with one goal. In addition, this leader will work closely with the Consumer product Marketing team to
ensure strategic alignment across Cogeco Connexion (CCX) and to enhance product synergies. This is a key role within the
CBS business unit, requiring the ability to contribute to the vision of CBS all the way through to ensuring that the front line is
equipped with the toolkit required for success.
- Contribute to the company’s business solutions revenues for existing products and proactively manage the services’ margins. Make the recommended changes (packaging, pricing, and product evolution in terms of feature set and ancillary services) to grow revenues and margins over time.
- Develop short and long term strategy for the portfolio of services to strategically position Cogeco in the market and to grow revenues in alignment with Cogeco’s strategy. Drive growth initiatives for the segment that will have significant direct impact on generating revenue. Translate customer inputs and requirements into operating goals and deliverable. Provide leadership with insight on competitive positioning and develop action plans to differentiate product offerings
- Define the pricing strategy for internet and phone services (including hosted PBX), for all customer segments, including pricing, packaging, customer premise equipment, launch of new features/services, etc. Responsible for the business cases and financial assessment for all recommended rate/packaging changes. Maintain relationships with VP’s and Senior Directors in preparation of the recommendations. Responsible for the preparation of the recommendation documents to be presented to Sr. Management and present to Sr. Management as required.
- Accountable for the development and management on an ongoing basis of the promotion budget for all services. Oversee the business cases and financial assessment for major promotions or marketing initiatives recommendations.
- Follow sales performance on a continuous basis, develop and share appropriate performance dashboards, and steer appropriate changes to strategies when required as a part of the end to end programs.
- Oversee the balance between existing products and new product introductions within the segment’s portfolio and provide perspective to the New Product Definition team to influence their development orientations based on information captured through competitive monitoring and the sales teams. Develop specific business cases, the recommendation for the pricing, packaging, acquisition and migration strategies, and positioning for the introduction of new product features for CBS customers.
- Work in close collaboration with, and provide guidelines to the Customer Marketing and eBusiness teams with regards to the product positioning, competitive differentiators, features and benefits and offers to permit them to develop effective acquisition, customer base marketing and eChannels programs.
- Work in close collaboration with sales, including regular visits in both systems with the different sales team to ensure thorough understanding of the field and exchange ideas on new initiatives and enhancements.
- Spearhead the annual and 5-year forecasts for Business Solutions with Sales. Provide the assumptions for the subscription trends and for all the ad hoc re-forecasts, and actively participate in the annual business planning activities of the company, taking full accountability of all reviews and plans relative to business solutions products.
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the annual business solutions services marketing plan which will be a collaborative effort with the other marketing teams and the sales teams.
- Lead a team of 3-4 (TBC) direct reports. Identify, based on the company’s objectives and market stance, the needs to manage and evolve adequately the team. Recommend and implement changes to the team structure to grow the business, improve efficiencies and work processes.
- Incumbents must set annual objectives for employees under their supervision, review them based on any new operational requirements, and administer the Performance Management process.
- As part of their work, incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure his/her own health and safety, and that of his/her co-workers and the public in general. He/ she must use all available personal protective equipment at all times and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in Marketing / with at least 10 years in a telecommunication environment. Cable television experience preferred.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in Marketing/product management in the B2B segment.
- Excellent knowledge of the business market for small and medium company and in the development of strategies to adequately develop a portfolio of products according to their needs.
- Marketing automation experience a strong asset
- Management experience including a minimum of 10 years of personnel management.
- Segment insight and terrain expertise (e.g. customer needs, technology knowledge, industry dynamic and evolution, competition)
- Technical and industry understanding (e.g. product functionality)
- High strategic thinking and problem solving, with strong business acumen.
- Strong finance understanding as related to product management, including business case development.
- Very well organized and strong priority management.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee complex projects and services.
- Strong leadership and agility to mobilize and influence team and peers.
- Very autonomous.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills both written and oral.
- Experience leading leaders
- Marketing automation experience a significant asset
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Analytical rigor