Our Client is a Retirement Community for seniors since 1970. The Lodge is located in the most desirable area of Vancouver, and is close to all amenities, including shopping, medical services, public transportation, beaches and theaters. The view from balconies is panoramic and flower gardens around the lodge are comforting and therapeutic .The Lodge is registered under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act of B.C. and is recognized as most affordable among private pay Assisted Living Residences in Vancouver
We are looking for Director of Care - Senior Nurse to join their winning team . This is an amazing opportunity for a nurse looking for Senior Management Experience at a Fixed Day Time work schedule ( 8 am- 4 pm - Mon to Friday)
SPECIFIC ACCOUNT ABILITIES
- Manage nursing staff and nursing activities to improve and sustain the well-being of the residents of Senior's Home through effective use of management &leadership . competencies
- Using effective goal setting, training, coaching and mentorship programs to create a professional quality oriented environment that promotes high service standards.
- Oversee the daily and long term well-being of the residents, improve resident safety and experience.
- Establish and maintain clinical processes by working collaboratively with all departments and staff.
- Perform entry assessment of potential residents prior to acceptance into the lodge.
- Maintain the Lodge standards as per the Assisted Living Standards Act. This includes the medication management program, health and wellness needs, ancillary services, and ongoing completion of the assessments and the individual service plans for residents in alignment with professional standards.
- Exit planning for residents who are beyond assisted living care levels and require additional care.
- Able to effectively delegate functions to LPNs and Care Aides.
- Providing reports to other dept. and the Executive Directors on an ongoing basis.
- Provide information and continuous support to the families of the residents.
- Enhance the quality of life of the residents through available resources and programs.
- Write policies and procedures to ensure the smooth operations of the nursing staff and all associated functions in accordance with the Assisted Living Act requirements and professional standards.
- Recruiting, hiring and training nursing staff in all elements of their jobs including all elements of performance management.
- Minimum RN BScN with current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Additional education courses an asset with strong geriatric nursing background.
- A minimum of 2 years management experience with a passion for working with seniors.
- Takes initiative, can work independently and as a collaborative team member by building positive relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies. Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities and work within time-sensitive projects.
- Exceptional organization, interpersonal and communication skills (written/oral).
- Strong computer skills including power point, excel, MS Word and other programs.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings & flexible hours as needed for resident care/services, including 24/7 on call responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,000,000.00 /year
- resident nurse: 3 years (Required)