Founded in 2006 and based in North York, Clek (http://www.clekinc.ca/) is a Canadian family-owned car seat manufacturer that is growing by leaps and bounds. Our stylish car seats are smart, timeless, and safe travel vessels for the little cowboys, divas, bookworms and rebels in our lives.
Clek is looking for a driven digital and print designer to join our team. The ideal candidate thrives in brand and product representation. Is a problem solver, has a keen eye for design and is aware of design trends applicable and relevant to the Clek brand; has a natural affinity for the juvenile products industry; is resourceful and organized; works well independently - never missing a deadline or compromising the quality of your work.
This is an onsite, full time opportunity based in Toronto, Ontario.
About the Position:
As our new Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing creative concepts and designs to support business growth by expressing the visual identity of the brand
- Creatively and independently implement brand messaging and design executions across all digital and print media platforms
- Ensuring brand standards and consistency on every project
- Supporting all teams with design needs from concept to completion in a timely manner
- Some photographing of product to use for digital and print needs
- Media includes but is not limited to: Website content, digital ads, email, social media assets, in-store signage, event materials, print collateral, packaging, product manuals
Working at Clek:
- Minimum 4 years experience in graphic design
- University or college diploma in graphic design or similar
- Exceptional skills in design and typography
- Ability to work quickly and meticulously with an exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter, strong creative thinker
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in digital/web production and design with an understanding of the aesthetic needs and the technical requirements of the digital space and how to adapt from print to digital
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS as well as an understanding of SEO and impact on web design
- Familiarity with UX design
- Experience with print design and production - ability to work directly with printers to deliver appropriate files, attend press approvals, etc
- Experience with photo retouching
- Photography and video experience is a plus!
- Proficient with Adobe CS (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
Our company is young, entrepreneurial, warm, and fun loving. While we all focus on our area(s) of expertise and 'getting things done' is key, we have no barriers between teams and we define success by what we do together. Don't be surprised to be asked for your ideas regarding product names, features or designs. You'll beam with pride every time you see a Clek seat in the wild, because YOU are a critical member of our small, but mighty team.
You'll have a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Clek also offers an employee profit sharing program and medical and dental benefits program. We have a cool office in the North York / Don Mills area, with lots of great lunch spots around, and free BBQs every Friday in the summer. We also pay for monthly TTC passes/free parking.
Employees would say Clek is a great place for parents or people with regular evening responsibilities because we believe in work-life balance. People here work diligently during regular hours, and only jump in afterhours when necessary. We also believe in the value of everyone working in-person together. In this role especially, you'll be expected to be at the office each day, in the centre of the action.
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Must submit portfolio with resume for consideration. Only those selected for further discussion will be contacted.