Looking for continued career growth and development in the heavy construction industry?
Clearwater Structures Inc. is a general contractor and industry leader in the heavy civil construction sector, specializing in bridge construction and rehabilitation. With multiple divisions located across Ontario, the company has experienced continuous growth throughout the years since its inception. We have an immediate opening for a Project Manager position to assist the Area Manager with overseeing multiple projects in the Southwestern Ontario Region.
Reporting to the Area Manager, Southwestern Ontario, the Project Manager will effectively manage all aspects of multiple projects from start to finish, adhering to budgets, schedules, quality and safety. The successful candidate will have proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust and develop strong working relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Lead the project team with the development of the construction plan, prepare critical path schedule, submissions, startup meeting documentation
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations on each project; maintaining a daily diary to ensure all progress, changes or issues are documented, control subcontractor responsibilities, resolve problems and disputes
- Read and understand all project contract documents, drawings, quantity sheets etc.
- Prepare and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders; negotiate revisions, changes and additions to agreements with engineers, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Review monthly project performance prepare and provide regular updates and/or reports on progress, project costing, and schedule; communicate progress to relevant stakeholders where required
- Update and monitor: project schedule, project specific safety requirements, project specific quality control requirements
- Organize, lead and/or attend project progress meetings and ensure minutes are promptly and accurately, prepared, reviewed and distributed, if/when required
- Ensure all project documentation is prepared, reviewed, submitted accurately and on time; including but not limited to change orders, progress payments, subcontractor payment certificates, claims, closeout documents, warranty information, etc.
- Supervise Project Coordinators, Foreman & crews; assign work and monitor progress, set expectations and evaluate performance
- Work within the MTO's Web-based Contract Management Software (WBCMS) on MTO projects. Past experience with WBCMS essential for position.
- Ensure project compliance with OHSA & Regulations for Construction Projects by implementing the Company's OH&S Management/COR
- Ensure the timely and cost-efficient completion of construction projects
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering Degree or College CET Diploma or combination, or relevant education and experience in the field
- 5+ years of Heavy Civil Construction experience
- Must have previous MTO contract experience
- Experience with WBCMS essential for position
- Strong professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional ability to build trust; develop and maintain strong working relationships with project team, company staff, clients and key stakeholders
- Strong ability to command respect, lead, manage and resolve conflict with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to successfully manage heavy workloads in a challenging work environment
- Solid analytical, critical decision-making skills
- Excellent ability to think on your feet and effectively adapt to changing priorities
- Superior organizational skills, follow-up and attention to detail
- Highly reliable, takes initiative and with strong sense of ownership
- Must be able and willing to travel to multiple job sites across Southwestern Ontario, occasionally overnight
- Ability to work long hours and various shifts include nights and/or weekends depending on project deadlines and scheduling requirements
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (word, excel), MS Project scheduling
- Proficient with Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7 Temporary Conditions
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Working on project construction site(s) or in an office setting usually working in a site trailer
- Exposure to construction site work environment in all seasons and weather conditions
- Must have full G license
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit Plan (Health, Dental, Life Insurance)
- Group RRSP Plan
- 2 weeks' vacation, plus one week at Christmas
- Company Vehicle Provided
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent