Clausen House is seeking a motivated Development Associate to help the organization grow and thrive. Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Associate will participate in all fundraising and communications activities. This position is full-time exempt and offers hands-on experience, significant growth potential, and a supportive and learning environment.
Position SummaryUnder supervision of the Development Specialist, the Development Associate will primarily be responsible for managing Clausen House's DonorPerfect database and social media (Facebook, Twitter and E-newsletters, as well as the organization's In-Kind giving. This position will also assist with individual donor activities, overall communications and special events. The Development Associate will be responsible for maintaining donor databases; developing/sending mass mailings; creating constituent reports; making regular social media posts; coordinating and sending E-newsletters (through Constant Contact); requesting and managing In-Kind donations; working on special events; acknowledging gifts and donations; assisting in the development of effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, and foundation representatives to nurture their connection to the organization; and providing office support and departmental assistance to the Development Specialist. This position requires strong organizational and writing skills and an ability to prioritize. Experience with DonorPerfect is a requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Donor Database (DonorPerfect): Gift acknowledgement, data mining and prospecting, data entry, segmented queries and reports, mail merges and mail house coordination.
- Institutional Fundraising: Thank you letters, in-kind donations management, responding to donor inquiries, assisting the Development Director with foundation, corporate and major donor fundraising.
- Department Oversight: Respond to incoming calls and emails, create and maintain administrative flies, maintain office supplies and equipment and assist with reconciliations of department records with those of the business office.
- Professional Development: As discussed with the Development Director attend external meetings, events, conferences and other donor or professional development related functions.
- Special Events: Assist Development Director and Event Coordinators in preparing for and executing fundraising, cultivation and program events, including assist with volunteer recruitment, maintain responses and guest lists, attend and work event, assist with securing corporate and family sponsorships, help with planning the venue, food, and entertainment, manage equipment and assist with event promotion.
- Communications: Manage all social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) Assist in the creation and disbursement of newsletters. E-newsletters, e-blasts, annual reports and direct mail.
Qualifications and Skills
Requirements, Skills & Abilities
- Must have at least two years' experience and expertise in the DonorPerfect CRM.
- Has at least two years of progressively responsible experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fund development and communications methods and provide a development writing sample.
- Can take directions as well as work autonomously, and is a quick, proactive multi-tasker who responds positively to dynamic, competing priorities.
- Has intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- Has experience with Constant Contact.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and meaningful relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ideally with experience writing customer or donor facing material.
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain appropriate, professional boundaries and confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of nonprofit work experience, preferably in fundraising , marketing, or communications.
- Proficiency with the DonorPerfect fundraising database.
Full-time exempt at $18 per hour with medical benefits after 90 days of employment.
All are encouraged to apply. Clausen House is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website: www.clausenhouse.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Non profit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)