Requisition ID: 12200
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Reporting to the Branch Managers of Street Activities Branch and Utilities Management, the Clerk III position works with a team of technical staff of the Branches to review, approve, support, and coordinate street use initiatives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
This position will manage the Branch Manager’s calendar, and support both the Street Activities and Utilities Management Branches with tracking key priorities, supporting recruitment, time entry, records management, booking meetings, taking minutes and tracking branch metrics.
Specific duties include:
- Supporting the Branches with asset management, financial services (work orders, network numbers, accounting, invoicing, journal vouchers etc.) and tracking legal agreements
- Processing invoices, obtaining payment approval and account numbers from appropriate City Staff, using SAP to apply payment and parking the invoice, closing out work orders when the project is complete; reviewing and tracking the charges to be sent
- Assisting with creating of communication material (web content, media requests, and 311 scripts), preparing statistical reports from SAP and contacting/clarifying concerns with invoices
- Providing written correspondence and maintaining accurate records and files from different databases
- Attending meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by both Street Activities and Utilities Management Branches
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 plus considerable related experience as a Clerk II or Office Support Clerk III, or equivalent combination of training and experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, andSAP,
- Experience with eSAF’s, VanDocs, VanMap, ArcGIS, Tempest, Hansen, and Posse an asset
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings is an asset
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle workloads with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public and City staff in person, by E-mail and by telephone
- Excellent attention to detail including the ability to accurately verify invoice information
- Willingness to function as part of a team and be able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully and maintain cooperative relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services
Affiliation: CUPE 15
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: January 2019
Position End Date: December 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour
Application Close: December 9, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.