- Primary Location: Canada,Ontario,Mississauga
Education: Master's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18069858
Global Spread Product Technology is expanding our development centre in Toronto to work on business delivery projects for global investment banking Businesses. Currently we are seeking highly motivated individual to join our Toronto development team to specialize in server end application development. This role will require extensive development using Java. The ideal candidate will be responsible and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high pressured environment is essential.
- Production of high-quality software, emphasizing simplicity, maintainability and reuse, using standard development process;
- Interact with MQA team and other asset class business/technology teams to define the best model and solution;
- Strong involvement into the design and development of Server components using Java and Python;
- 2nd level support for applications;
- Participation in code and design reviews, testing, documentation, and deployments;
- Apply software engineering best practice methodologies to produce high quality applications which provide solution to complex business problems;
- Able to take initiative, and can work productively when unsupervised and can multitask across multiple concurrent projects in global team structure;
This role is highly visible and will provide exposure to Spread Products business. There will be regular interactions with business stakeholders, and global IT teams. The successful candidate will be involved in important projects in the scope of Spread Products Flow business. As such he/she will have the opportunity to play a key role in the long term strategic roadmap. This person will have exposure to
Required Skills /Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Goal, Client and deadline oriented
- Strong data analytics and problem solving
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with global distributed teams
- Team player, Collaborative, Self-Motivated
- 5+ year experience in Java, Python, Web Services and distributed architectures
- Strong UNIX/Linux scripting, file manipulation and system status monitoring
- KDB, Oracle, SQL Server and performance tuning
- Tibco EMS and other message oriented middleware
- Graduate/post graduate with computer degree/math.
- Requires good communication, presentation and written skills.
- Prior Investment Banking experience is highly desirable
- Experience in Agile Methodology
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.