Employees in this series operate and schedule the operation of buses providing services to students, faculty, and staff, in addition, to providing proactive services.Job Description
A Campus Transportation Operator typically,
1. Operates buses for students, faculty, and staff.
2. Is responsible for the routine maintenance of buses and any equipment in them.
3. Performs work related to first echelon or emergency maintenance and repair when such difficulties occur on campus.
4. Keeps records of mileage and the consumption of fuel, oil, and antifreeze as directed.
5. Keeps aware of loading zones, campus road networks, and traffic problems.
6. Supervises students or other persons who may be allowed to ride the buses.
7. Exercises caution concerning the travel of persons with disabilities and reports any irregularities in the operation of the bus or campus facilities (such as inaccessible entrances) affecting the travel of riders.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a valid driver license as required by the State of Illinois for the type of motor vehicle(s) to be operated by the incumbent.
2. Must be able to pass medical background examination (DOT).
3. Requires criminal background check.
4. Must pass Driving Training Course.
Must have some relative driving experience of a bus.