We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have challenging career opportunities for several Java Developers to work for our clients within the Financial Services arena.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Java Developer will design and develop Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts.
This will involve:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Designing and building high quality Java applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Deliver a high level of commitment to client success and provide timely and quality services that meet or exceed expectations
- Work with business partners to provide guidance and support in the deployment of complex application solutions
- Participates in R&D activities to advance the development of the product roadmap
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Knowledge building enterprise class web applications
- Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services in Java (e.g., JAX-RS, Spring MVC Rest)
- Experience in developing Enterprise applications: , CRM, or Financial
- Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Proven track record developing performant, scalable solutions across a full application stack
- Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management
- Experience with RDBMS is required
What you can expect from us:
- REST Webservices
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.