The role of the Area Manager of Operations is to direct the improvement of operational performance through coaching, counseling and consulting of the stores in assigned geographical areas in order to attain defined performance goals and objectives.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Improve store operational performance of each franchise location through:
* CARSTARs EDGE Performance System.
* Operational Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking, validation and improvement.
* Other tools as determined.
* Monitor and coach to increase profitability performance of each franchise location in the designated territory.
* Validate and maintain CARSTAR standards and contractual obligations.
* Support and drive CARSTAR initiatives.
* Manage and provide required reports (to assigned store and NDO):
* Store Visit Reports (SVR): Complete a detailed report of discussions and events within 48 hours.
* Remote Coaching Reports (RCR): Complete a detailed report of phone call discussions within 48 hours.
* Store Visit Assessment (SVA):
* Updated and sent with each store visit report.
* Updated each month with all reported KPIs.
* Provide customer complaint management and resolution.
* Attend and provide oversight in Business Group meetings as required.
* Perform Market Performance Group Meetings (MPGs) within designated market areas.
* Support EDGE Performance Groups and Operational Performance Groups when required. Support follow up and action items accordingly with franchisees in reference with these meetings.
* Support CARSTARs Immersion process as required.
* Support CARSTARs contract renewal process and maintain retention of current stores.
* Provide effective and timely response to all communications.
* Submit bi-weekly expense reports to NDO and budget management.
* Attend Operations Meetings, Annual CARSTAR Conference, Edge Performance Groups (EPG) and additional training as required.
* Meet goals and objectives as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in management. Prior multi-unit, business consulting or equivalent experience preferred.
* Functional / Technical Knowledge:
* Microsoft Office proficiency required: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Accounting software systems (QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc.).
* Collision Repair Management systems (Mitchell, Summit, CCC-1, etc.).
* Estimating software systems.
* Operational Performance Acumen:
* Operational experience in a collision shop location(s).
* Understanding and analysis of operational KPIs.
* Financial Acumen:
* Accrual accounting principles and practices.
* Understanding and analysis of financial KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
* Understanding and analysis of Profit and Loss, balance sheet and other required financial statements.
* Knowledge of accounts receivable and accounts payable management.
* Travel required: 70-80%+.
* Self-motivated, able to work independently (virtual office) and operate with a high level of accountability.
* Assertive able to influence others and work with independent owners with confidence.
* Trustworthy and able to keep a high level of confidentiality.
* Seeks continuous self-improvement.
* Effective communication and listening skills.
* Effective organizational skills able to organize multiple data and disseminate to store unit-level.
* Effective time management able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.