At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of "First Who, Then What." We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great
things. We believe in the Four E's of Leadership--Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute. If you can compete at this level, then our Company is for you!
The Staff Accountant will assist with the monthly closing and reparation of financial statements for the field businesses. As a member of the team, you will partner with our individual businesses in the field so positive interactions and understanding of the service is critical. The Staff Accountant will need to possess a strong work ethic and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities without compromising high quality work results.
- Perform the monthly close and review of monthly financial statements and analysis (i.e. variance analysis)
Prepare journal entries to upload data which records preneed sales, commissions, trust and cash as well as make adjustments to ensure the financials reflect proper reporting.
Request information on unusual and missing activity in general ledger accounts.
Review balance sheet account reconciliations, identify proposed adjustments, processing errors, and partner with other departments to get them resolved.
Identify necessary process improvements and work to get them implemented.
Partner with individual businesses and provide support by answering questions (i.e.: processing of contracts and inventory and completing inventory reconciliations.)
Special Projects as assigned and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum three years' accounting experience.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and financial reporting.
- Experience working with automated ledger applications, analyze data and provide recommendations. Proficient in Microsoft Office
Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.