Company: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE
Area of Interest: Finance
Job Title: Staff Accountant
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant! The Fixed Asset Staff Accountant supports the fixed asset team during the month-end closings and engages in special projects throughout the month. This individual will develop skills and experience to progressively engage in more complex projects related to fixed assets.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries and accruals during month-end closings
Prepare monthly account reconciliations and follow up to clear reconciling items
Work with operating groups to research and explain variances to forecast and budget
Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports for senior management
- Recommend and implement automation and other improvement initiatives to streamlining month-end, quarterly and annual close processes
Assist management in preparing quarter and year end deliverables submitted to corporate
- Support management in preparing required schedules for internal and external auditors
Provide subject matter expertise assistance in assigned areas to management and operating units
Perform special projects and requests from management and operations
Perform other job related functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
Working towards CPA certification
Minimum 1 year of experience working in public or private accounting. Experience with full-cycle accounting, month-end closing process and variance analysis is helpful.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the ability to apply the concepts to specific situations
Knowledge of accrual based accounting
Ability to work in a collaborative manner in a team-based environment
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to use creative approaches to challenges
Committed to identifying continuous improvement opportunities
Solutions-oriented problem solving skills
Demonstrated sense of urgency in completing assignments
Ability to demonstrate flexibility and change in a dynamic environment
Ability to prioritize workloads and meet tight deadlines
Personal integrity, as well as a high level of respect for all individuals
Knowledge of or ability to learn Oracle Financials or other related financial software
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate-level skills in Excel to perform analysis using pivot and lookup tables
Position requires some weekend/evening work for monthly and quarterly closing
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
- Certified Great Place to Work.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 26 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience. Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)