114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
User Experience Design Researcher
Here at Capital One, our goal is to fully engage our customers in order to radically change how they interact with their money. We have a UX Research team and lab and we are looking for a UX Researcher to help design, lead and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research for teams across our Consumer Bank organization.
The UX Researcher will be responsible for creating research plans, moderating research studies when necessary, and analyzing/synthesizing or leading analysis/synthesis of research projects at every stage of the product lifecycle.
- Work together with teams of product designers, product managers, analysts and engineers to define and prioritize research needs across a breadth of experiences including digital, physical and voice.
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods such as surveys, A/B testing, individual interviews, ethnographic/field research, diary studies, user/usability testing.
- Leverage analytics tools and quantitative techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Consult with and mentor designers doing independent research.
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present research methodology and research findings to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Effectively and intelligently help in the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from testing, reviews, etc.
What You Bring:
- Ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in a understandable format
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience in gaining active end-user involvement in the specification, design, and implementation phases through interviews, site visits and other observational methods (web analytics, remote logging, remote un-moderated usability studies, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of user-centered design research experience
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Science, HCI, Human Factors, Anthropology, Sociology, or Cognitive Psychology.
- 5 years of experience of full-life cycle research and inspection methods which occur from ethnography all the way to statistically based user testing
- 5 years of experience working on consumer and mobile products