We're currently seeking a Sr VP of Operations for a fast growing cannabis company, involved with extraction, manufacturing and distribution, headquartered in the Los Angeles area, to oversee the organizations ongoing operations and procedures.
A key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this person is responsible for the efficiency of business, maintaining control of diverse business operations, and securing the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
The ideal candidate would be a detail oriented operational leader, with strong experience from food or CPG manufacturing industries, with the ability to manage multiple divisions, including manufacturing, inventory, logistics, and distribution of consumer packaged goods.Multi-state and multi-site experience is required.
The COO will lead and direct all aspects of the logistics, inventory management, fulfillment, and ERP functions across multiple facilities and states, requiring a hands on leader, strategic in focus . Previous experience in Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing, and a PMP certification is highly desirable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and experience requirements include:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Master's or Bachelors degree in related management, manufacturing, cost accounting or administration
- 8-10 years hands-on experience in manufacturing, warehouse and logistics with a minimum of three years supervisory experience
- Multi-state and multi-site experience is required
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics
- Experience in Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing, PMP certification is highly desirable
- Strong ERP systems experience required
- Proven project and budget management experience with driven financial results
- Substantial experience with inventory management, fulfillment and delivery
- Experience with facilities oversight including physical infrastructure, maintenance, employee safety and security
- Ability to analyze data, interpret and apply legislation, develop systems and standard operating procedures, and manage risk based on data and statistics
- Experience meeting stringent compliance requirements
- Proven expertise in organizational development and operations management, lean manufacturing principles, strategic and business planning methods, project planning and coordinating
- Knowledge of technical, scientific and regulatory principles related to the cannabis industry a plus
- Ability to lead and influence a diverse team during change, while maintaining cooperation, motivation and cohesiveness in a lean environment
Salary $150K Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123