The Industrial Engineering Intern for the Spring 2019 Season is responsible for the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of processes within the manufacturing area of the business.
- Conduct time studies, review line balances, and prepare line layouts
- Identify wastes and implement process improvements for measurable cost savings
- Work in a team to implement change and transition employees to new processes seamlessly
- Establish labor standards and resolve questions relating to job utilization and performance.
- Determine how best to use the work force to achieve maximum productivity.
- Create process maps of current state and breakdown activities into VA, SVA, and NVA
- Create production reports and manipulate data; must have advanced knowledge of Excel
- Maintain KPI executive files with savings for the fiscal year.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to complete activities associated with assigned projects.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program at an accredited college or university, pursuing an Engineering degree
- 0-1 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset; apparel manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in a union environment is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Kaizen
- Must be familiar with computers and business software such as MS Office, Excel, and CAD
- Exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities.
- Strong capabilities in planning, organizing and process control.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, operate proactively, work as a team and handle challenges.
- Manufacturing Environment
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.