WHO WE ARE: CALIFIA FARMS
We're Califia Farms (Califia, pronounced like California), the plant-powered food and beverage company of the future. Our mission is to innovate delicious plant-powered foods for mindful nourishment. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness from the San Joaquin Valley. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these five core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
In a snapshot:
Founded in 2010
250+ full time staff and contracted employee
Headquarters in Downtown L.A. Arts District and Manufacturing in Bakersfield, CA
We believe in Shared Leadership where team members are heard and leadership is broadly distributed
We are committed to our people and to our communities' sustainability
- Develop and implement a cohesive and overarching marketing strategy for Califia both domestically and internationally
- Leverage analysis and understanding of the business landscape to align marketing activities to overall business goals
- Develop and drive marketing execution strategies through utilization of consumer insights and research
- Responsible for analyzing and developing a strategic recommendation for portfolio evolution in order to maximize growth opportunities while also managing profit margin requirements
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Monitor campaigns, analyze effectiveness, and influence future decisions
- Oversee the activities of the communications function, both internal/employee and external
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team.
- Establish processes, practices, tools and systems to support marketing effectiveness and measurements of appropriate ROI
- Partner with Sales and Trade Marketing teams to commercialize new product launches with success
- Lead the Annual Marketing Planning Process that results in a comprehensive plan including product, communication and go-to-market strategies.
- Manage marketing budget to ensure maximum return on spend and marketing objectives
- Oversee contracts, scopes of work, evaluations and RFP's from outside agencies and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA is a plus
- 15+ years marketing experience; high preference for CPG experience in food and beverage
- Success in executing marketing strategies that deliver or exceed objectives/KPIs
- Proven experience identifying winning strategies and executing against those strategies with measurable success
- Proven success identifying and leveraging insights for commercial success, i.e. new product launches, consumer or market segmentation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, yet lean organization
- Team player and motivational leader
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.