Who Are We?
CadMakers was founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2014 and has since grown to a globally recognized brand. We are an innovative construction and manufacturing technology company, focusing on automating project delivery and capturing know-how inside of technology to be reused and increase productivity.
What’s The Role?
This role will use Unreal Engine to develop software to create immersive VR experiences for the construction, engineering, and fabrication industry. As a key member of our software development team, the primary responsibility of this role will be to use the C++ API and Blueprint to implement innovative functionalities to create new VR applications.
Why Work With Us?
Here are a few reasons why we think working here is a good idea:
- Career Growth – Start making an impact right away within a growth stage company with strong upside potential. Your skills will directly impact the trajectory of this company, allowing you to grow your career in a fast paced, exciting work environment.
- Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurial Environment – Challenge the status quo! We want you to bring your ideas for automation and optimization of everything. We hold innovation/exploration days regularly to trade ideas, learn and create new R&D projects.
- Ownership of Projects – We want great people that want to take ownership of projects, make decisions and deliver great work to our clients.
- Fun Environment – Work hard and play hard. We are in business to build a great company and have fun.
- As part of the development team, the Unreal Developer will be primarily responsible for:
- Writing C++ code and effectively managing code versioning and documentation
- Enhancing the functionality of CadMakers’ VR experiences using Unreal Engine
- Building scalable Blueprint templates within Unreal Engine
- Ensuring functionality and optimal performance of features on multiple platforms
- Keeping up to date with the technological advancements in VR development
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor/Diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related discipline
- Previous experience working with Blueprints and C++ in Unreal Engine required
- Working knowledge of C++ programming
- Proficiency in application of 3D math and computer graphics an asset
- Familiarity using version control (Perforce or Git) in the context of Unreal Engine
- Experience with Python or Blender would also be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Visual Studio a plus
- A detail oriented person with the drive to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast-growing company
Sound like a good fit? Apply Today!