BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
Manufacturing Weld Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Weld Engineer for our Cambridge, ON facility.
- Develops, validates, and supports weld processes that facilitate the manufacturing of custom-engineered components according to quality and cost objectives.
- Responsible for the weld design-for-manufacturability interface with Project Engineering and manufacture engineer.
- Performs metallurgical and mechanical evaluation of welds and failure analysis.
- Prepares, reviews, issues and maintains shop instruction sheets.
- Provides and conceptually designs tooling, jigs, and fixtures for use in welding.
- Creates tooling drawings or works with vendors to create tooling drawings suitable for fabrication needs.
- Develops technical specifications for purchasing welding equipment, evaluates, selects and implements the weld equipment in shop. Conducts process qualification.
- Provides technical guidance to the shops and leads process validation projects.
- Oversees pressure vessel fabrication and generates fabrication outline when requested.
- Generates or/and reviews shop work orders (shop routing or travelers) and conducts shop readiness reviews.
- Reviews and dispositions welding non-conformance reports.
- Engineering degree with at least 5 years’ experience in metal fabrication. Sound knowledge of welding processes is preferred.
- Working knowledge of welding to ASME Code Sections III, VIII and IX or AWS is preferred.
- Experience in developing welding procedures to ASME & CWB Codes for various materials including all type of steels and nonferrous metals. Knowledge of NDE testing an asset.
- Experience with research and development for welding process and metallurgical examination.
- Ability to validate tooling design and function using established engineering applications and methods.
- Proficient in the use of CAD programs such as AutoCad and Solid Works.
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills ideally developed through experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma working environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is energized within a fast-paced environment.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.