BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
We are currently recruiting for an Industrial Engineer for our Cambridge, ON location.
Coordinates and directs the design, planning, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, and machinery of the Cambridge plant facility. Responsible for leading capital projects, energy reduction, cost control, legal code compliance, and supporting daily operation of the facility.
- Inspects plants and evaluates use of space and facilities.
- Analyzes the company’s HVAC system, lighting, and equipment.
- Leads capital investment projects and manages all aspects of execution (cost estimates, bid sheets and layouts).
- Performs audits to support facility planning.
- Develops long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for facility.
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts, and associated documents.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout.
- Analyzes production processes, including manufacturing equipment/methods and material handling/storage and produces detailed facility plans in AutoCAD (or equivalent) to reduce operating costs.
- Analyzes productivity problems.
- Supports selection and acceptance testing of manufacturing equipment.
- Coordinates contractor activities for project support or maintenance refurbishments.
- Develops and produces sound capital ROI.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering/Technology or Industrial Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience within the Industrial Engineering/Facilities Engineering discipline.
- Operating experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent) software required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proven commitment to process improvement.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.