The Construction Project Manager supports the Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) Project Manager or Program Manager to oversee day-to-day operations from pre-construction through project completion and warranty periods. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the construction project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client relations/management, field staff and other duties required to execute EPC, Construction Management, Construction, and Program Management projects. The Construction Project Manager should have experience in the Transmission and Distribution / Electric Power Industry with knowledge of the suppliers and subcontractors in that space.
- Adhere to Burns & McDonnell’s safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day construction activities and the successful execution of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide direction and participate in project planning, scheduling, estimating, cost development, and establishing critical project objectives.
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Develop new and manage existing subcontractor relationships based on previous experience in the T&D/Electric Power Industry.
- Participate in internal and external project risk reviews and consult with Legal Department as required.
- Negotiate and execute prime contracts, CM contracts, subcontracts, and change orders under the supervision of the EPC Project Manager.
- Implement assigned sections of the Project Execution Plan, including construction execution, construction quality assurance plan, safety & health plan, subcontracting plan, project staffing plan, organizational chart, and procurement plan.
- Develop construction staffing plans and train project teams, coordinate activities of multiple global practices/disciplines, and facilitate the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff while adhering to contractual and performance requirements.
- Oversee the development of the project plan for site layout, mobilization and demobilization and support implementation.
- Verify all applicable project permits are secured in accordance with the project requirements.
- Direct and oversee the downstream Request For Proposal (RFP) and bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for subcontractor and client contractor contracts, including bidder development, prequalification, evaluation, award recommendation, and selection.
- Review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to Project Manager, Program Manager as well as internal and external executive management as required.
- Collaborate with engineering team to establish the development and distribution of engineering deliverables per project schedule and requirements.
- Develop processes and manage downstream contract administration including Request For Information (RFI’s), submittals, change management, contract closeout, documentation, and claims mitigation.
- Oversee Prime Contract, subcontractor, and client contractor invoicing process.
- Coordinate and facilitate client, supplier and company commissioning and startup teams as needed.
- Implement, audit, and oversee the project documentation and filing systems.
- Implement process for confirming project and subcontractor insurance, taxes/duties, licensures, and bonding requirements.
- Perform project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
- Oversee and participate in the project-specific non-conformance reporting process.
- Responsible for facilitating project cost reporting, scheduling, work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout, and field progress tracking specific to construction and construction related activities or program level activities as required.
- Develop and oversee materials receiving and management process, including inventory control, receipt of goods, storage, and transportation.
- Review contract documents with field staff to verify compliance of subcontractors and client contractors, safety and health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Direct the project turnover documentation, warranty administration, project closeout, and recordkeeping/retention processes and procedures.
- Manage communication with governmental, industry, and public entities on project-related matters.
- Review construction field reports.
- Provide mentorship and training to interns, construction coordinators, and assistant construction project managers.
- Provide performance feedback for each project team member as requested to their respective Department Managers.
- Manage community and building trades relationships.
- Develop and implement project labor agreements with building trades as required.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant project management experience in the T&D / Electric Power Industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Multiple years of experience on construction project sites in the T&D/ Electric Power Industry is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.
Job Project Management
Primary Location US-LA-New Orleans
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place with more than 5,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists and consultants on staff and growing. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee-owners. We take on some of the world’s toughest challenges with the industry’s best thinking.
We have offices and projects spanning the US and the globe. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our culture of 100% employee ownership plays a major role in supporting that outcome. Each employee shares in the ownership of the firm, bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects. Clients appreciate that and have rewarded us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades-long partnerships. Pretty cool for a 100 year old firm that grows organically.
At Burns & McDonnell, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference every day while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels. And with more than 350 service specialties, your career and development options are abundant.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Req ID: 181298