Burns Engineering provides professional engineering design and project management services for transportation, facilities, and infrastructure projects. We help our clients attain their strategic goals and initiatives through successful large-scale infrastructure projects. Burns' full-service capabilities include mechanical, electrical, civil, structural, transportation, and energy consulting engineering.
Recently voted a Top Workplace by philly.com, we credit our strength as an organization to our talented, driven, vibrant team. Burns is an ENR Top 500 Firm, and has been named an MEP Giant by Consulting-Specifying Engineer Magazine, as well as a Hot Firm by Zweig. We are industry experts, proven leaders, innovative thinkers, and team players. We put our clients' successes and best interests first, because their success is our success. We have fun at work because we love making a difference in the world. We are looking for high-energy, bright, collaborative individuals who want the opportunity to "write their own story" with us.
Burns is currently seeking a Part Time Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist to join the New York, NY team.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications. Coordinates with courier and duplicating services.
- Primary manager for eFax account for office, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Responds to routine telephone requests which have standard answers
- Refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff
- Controls group mail and assures timely staff response
- May send form letters
- Types, takes and transcribes dictation
- Establishes and maintains office files
- Assists management in maintaining orderly correspondence and communications required administering projects and serving clients
- Assists group and/or Project Managers with the correspondence and communications required administering projects and serving clients
- Assembles typed documents into orderly packages and assists management in distribution and mailings as needed.
- Assists with other clerical duties as necessary
- Assist in the retrieval of archived boxes from off-site storage as necessary
- Maintain calendar of group personnel attendance, events, deadlines, etc.
- Assists with quality assurance and quality control measure through cooperation with the QA/QC Coordinator, Group Leaders and Project Managers
- Update, organize, and manage meeting minutes with action items and important deadlines
- Edit technical specifications, design reports and other project related documents
- Update, organize and manage pertinent project correspondence to ensure documents are executed and delivered in a timely manner
- Create and maintain project information sheets and direct labor budgets and submit to accounting
Marketing and Business Development
- Assists project team, Group Leaders, and Marketing team in proposal preparation such as; writing editing and coordination with production
- Assists with promotional campaigns such as open houses and client mailings
- Reviews materials prepared for supervisor's approval for typographical accuracy and proper format
- Maintains recurring internal reports, requisitions supply, printing or other services
- Assists HR department in the scheduling of performance reviews
- Assists HR department with the on-boarding process of new hires in the organization
- Update, organize and manage protocol for security identification badges at all client-based security systems for Burns' employees as well as clients
- Assists with company morale events such as company picnics, the holiday toast, the holiday party, etc.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years of clerical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word; MS PowerPoint Word Processing software.
Excellent spelling and grammar; good phone skills; organized; ability to set priorities; ability to meet deadlines; ability to multi-task.
Prior experience within construction, architecture, or engineering firm preferred but not required.