Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 107 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
We are currently recruiting for a Land and Ressources Engineer in Training. This is a unique opportunity for the right person. Here are some of things you will be doing.
- Assist in obtaining and maintaining all necessary permits and licenses required for site development
- Ensure that BURNCO and other tenants operate within the guidelines as set out in the permits and licenses
- Act in a liaison capacity between: Tenants, the public, landowners of leased pits, and regulatory authorities
- Assist in obtaining and maintaining of key tenant agreements
- Ensure that BURNCO and other tenants operate within the guidelines as set out in their tenancy agreements
- Act in a liaison capacity between TLR and Tenants
- Field Testing on properties as part of site acquisition/prospecting process
- Conduct site inspections and prepare corrective action plans
- Locate and evaluate prospective Ready Mix, Asphalt, and Aggregate sites
- Analyze site evaluations to determine volume and quality of aggregate reserves, comparable land values, servicing requirements, area planning restrictions and land use compatibility
- Evaluate site feasibility and compatibility with BURNCO’s strategic planning
- Make acquisition and lease recommendations to management
- Oversee site development planning with goal of maximizing short and long term value of all owned and leased properties
- Monitor ongoing site development to ensure compliance with plans
- Oversee and execute site development projects
- Provide OPEX and CAPEX planning and recommendations to finance and upper management
- Post-secondary Technical Diploma, or Civil or Mining Engineering Degree
- Experience in aggregate prospecting
- Strategic thinking for long range planning
- Knowledge of government requirements for permits and licenses
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D would be an asset
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience
At BURNCO, we believe in paying people what they’re worth. To ensure our pay levels are competitive, we participate in comparative salary surveys and analysis.
PERFORMANCE-BASED INCENTIVE PROGRAM
BURNCO has a performance-based culture where salary increases and bonuses are linked to performance from an individual contribution and overall company measure.
KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HEALTHY – BURNCO HAS GREAT HEALTH BENEFITS
BURNCO offers and extensive employee benefits package including: Health and Dental Care, Vision, Life Insurance and a retirement savings plan.
BURNCO RRSP PLAN
BURNCO’s wants to assist employees in preparing for life after working. Through our group retirement plan RRSP Plan employee’s contribute is up to 6% of base salary and the Company provides an equal match to the 6% contribution.