Excellence.* Integrity. Passion.*
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 106 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
What We're Looking for!
A true partner. You truly care for the people you serve, and go out of your way to give them what they need to serve the business.
You are not:
Stuck in your own world of analysis. You recognize how you work and how you communicate is important to the business.
To provide accurate and timely financial analysis and recommendations to key stakeholders. This role will drive divisional financial forecasting & budgeting and operational variance analysis. The role will provide financial consulting to the operations team, including preparation of presentations, capital expenditure analysis, and industry/peer group comparisons.
EXPECTED RESULTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Become a key financial business partner across assigned business lines
- Standardize a month end process that incorporates the VP/GMs and the operational accounting functions to review results and provide a monthly reporting package
- Ensure policies and controls safeguarding company assets is adhered to
- Provide useful and timely reporting to key stakeholders (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Manage/own the local capital process including budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Drive the local budgeting and forecasting requirements including reviewing certain economic conditions and other revenue drivers
The primary areas of responsibility include:
- Analyzing current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Capital expenditures/divestitures
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial statements
- Microsoft Office tools (Excel and Power Point); experience with Essbase is an asset
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong customer service mentality
- Meet tight deadlines and have ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting and/or finance degree
- Preferred 3 to 5 years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Some travel required to visit operations
Job Type: Full-time