Burlington Royal Arts Academy is a private arts-academic high school, fully inspected and licenced by the Ontario Ministry of Education, located in Burlington, Ontario. We offer specialized arts focused academic programming and we are recruiting students locally and internationally. We encourage applicants who have a passion for visual arts education, community or professional experience and a desire to work with students to develop their individualized artistic goals. Our goal is to build a superior arts-focused private education high school for students who possess skills in visual arts, instrumental and vocal music, drama and dance.
Job Type: Part-time
1 Section: April 23 - June 30
- Deliver ESL course to international students
- Teach according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students;
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to all students in the class;
- Assign work, correct and mark work carried out by his/her students;
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of one's students;
- Communicate, consult and co-operate with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students;
- Advise and co-operate with the faculty in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care arrangements;
- Ensure high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subject/s.
- Bachelors of Education (B.Ed.) and OCT Certification
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials
- Possesses basic computer skills for communication, lesson design and reporting
- Engages parents and creates positive and healthy relationships with students and faculty * Teaching Skills:
- Confidence in delivery of the ESL curriculum, sharing new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand.
- Ability to work with individual students and small groups
- Ability to administer evaluations in written and performance-based testing * Writing Skills:
- Ability to complete reports, communicate with parents and faculty, emails, develop assignments with consideration of technology * Creativity:
- Interest in finding ways to involve students in their daily lessons
- Ability to work with students with different learning styles
Please be advised that due to the high volumes of resumes received; only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract