ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
Job Summary and Relevance:
This position exists within Burlington Public Library to manage the Library's presence on digital media platforms and create engaging content to reach library customers. This includes strategically planning and executing digital marketing efforts to promote programs, services, collections and resources in a professional and efficient manner.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement digital media strategy including: BPL website, SEO, social media (organic & paid), Google Ads campaigns (utilizing our non-profit grant), Google Analytics, e-newsletter.
- Responsible for developing strategy and producing digital marketing messaging and content for mobile, online, and social channels.
- Regularly updating library website content.
- Interacts proactively with online communities on various platforms
- Create a system to report and measure the success of digital media for Burlington Public Library
- Works with images and videos for use in digital marketing content
- Identify trends and emerging issues in digital media
- Awareness of WHMIS, following appropriate health and safety practices in the workplace.
- Be aware of and demonstrate BPL Brand Values within the Library and when representing BPL in the community; adhering to privacy policies
- Attend departmental and BPL meetings.
- Participates on teams and committees.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in media, communications, or a related field
- Experience in producing content for digital media platforms
- Proven ability/experience to use discretion to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of technical experience in the use of digital marketing tools and applications (for example, HootSuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Proven experience as an admin on Facebook and Twitter business pages
- Experience in copywriting and content development; SEO experience considered an asset
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Please view the job posting on our website at www.bpl.on.ca
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,706.30 to $58,478.00 /year