The cost accountant is responsible for planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases and inventory. Additionally, this role is responsible for monitoring the cost of labor by monitoring overtime hours against staffing and production schedules. The cost accountant reports on these activities on a monthly basis.
Key Responsibilities and Key Expectations:
- Support the monthly close process.
- Enter monthly inventory and cost of goods sold.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory.
- Maintain perpetual inventory.
- Manage the standard cost system.
- Conduct product line analysis for management review.
- Maintain responsibility for routine compilation of product manufacturing costs for payroll, inventory accountability, and factory labor.
- Verification of actual costs and computation of variances.
- Devise, install and control systems for determining unit cost of products or services.
- Classifies production costs into wages, material and overhead.
- Assists with miscellaneous financial compliance tasks, various research projects and/or special.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration.
- 2-5 years of experience, or equivalent
- Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities, work with minimum supervision, and flexible to handle frequent interruptions.
- Preferably manufacturing and cost experience
- Must demonstrate analytical aptitude, a sense of urgency, and ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite
- Working experience with Microsoft DynamicsGP, Syteline, and management reporter preferred.
- Working experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SSRS is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)