Bureau Veritas is looking for a proposal specialist to join our growing Marketing and Sales team in New York City. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced proposal writer/specialist to join the Marketing and Sales team to support the development of proposals for services in both the private and public sector. The ideal candidate will be eager and willing to work well under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment, direct and motivate work efforts of others, and handle stressful situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with consultants to draft accurate, concise, customer focused responses, complying with client requirements and any formal Requests for Proposals.
- Collaborate with consultants, subject matter experts, Marketing and Sales Leads and Operational/Service/Practice Line Leads division to develop scopes of work and proposal content
- Translate technical concepts and scopes of work into compelling written material, while ensuring a compliant, quality product is delivered to the client on time.
- Write proposal verbiage, proof read and edit existing material, manage content libraries, create assignments, and manage and lead proposal teams to complete assignments.
- Pro-actively conceptualize and develop strategic solutions and win themes for task order proposals. Serve as the main point-of-contact to consultants and other members of the business development team to address proposal concerns and get the proposal completed.
- Ensure Bureau Veritas' technical approach and qualifications statement are both responsive to clients' stated goals and needs.
- Collaborate with consultants, subject matter experts, Marketing and Sales Leads and Operational/Service/Practice Line Leads to develop technical content of brochures, write white papers, case studies and prepare presentation materials for conferences/tradeshow
- Drive the development of improvements to a proposal repository system, update resumes of key personnel, create bios and service line and practice line specific proposal collateral, revise, update and or create boilerplate SOQ material, and sector specific experience profiles.
- Assist Proposal Manager with document automation and proposal process functionality
- Assist Proposal Manager and Operations to maximize proposal Win Rates, revenues, and profitability opportunities with targeted new and existing clients.
- Develop proposal file structure on intranet, cloud-based servers and shared drives.
- Conduct debrief calls for lost bids
Educational and Skill Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Business Administration, and Journalism, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience proposal writing and/or technical writing experience.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential.
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy and quality.
- Knowledge and experience of using RFP Management Systems is preferred.
- Process driven with passion for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- The successful candidate will be motivated and a quick learner, able to work both independently and as team player on the Marketing team
- Ability or willingness to balance multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines, and be responsive and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business. .
- Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures involved (partners, government, agencies, contractors, operations, etc.), and gain alignment to achieve objectives.
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat). Familiarity with Excel, CRM and ERP systems (e.g., Deltek and SalesForce) preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Excel: 3 years (Required)
- Powerpoint: 3 years (Required)
- Proofreading: 3 years (Required)
- Proposal Writing: 3 years (Required)
- Technical Writing: 3 years (Required)
Hours per week: