This position is responsible for managing and developing sales within non-traditional accounts at the corporate level while also building relationships directly and indirectly among our broad portfolio of manufacturers and distributors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage strategic customer business relationships for the Specialty channel in assigned territory.
- Manage all business relationships - attain sales plans, achieve distribution objectives, develop and execute the channel strategic plan, set objectives, create and manage tactics to meet assigned objectives.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive sales plan by customer.
- Conducts detailed analysis of business and formulate specific action plans to address problems and maximize opportunities.
- Execute strategic sales process to generate sales opportunities - identify new sales opportunities and manage opportunities.
- Achieve sales plan within trade spending budget.
- Planning, forecasting and reporting - Responsible for assisting in setting revenue expectations, forecasting, reporting information, achievements and issues.
- Build rapport with key buyers and senior management with the customer as well as manufacturer partners.
- Negotiate terms of business with customers/manufacturers to achieve win/win results that provide the basis for strong ongoing relationships and increased revenue.
- Develop and present quality presentations at customer and manufacturer level.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to multi-task, juggle multiple projects and effectively determine priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral.
- Proven ability to work without direct supervision with multiple functional areas.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel & PowerPoint essential.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver impactful presentations.
- Proven ability to extract information and insight from raw data and link to strategic goals.Experience **
- 3+ year's account sales experience.
- Consumer products experience required.
- Confectionery and or snack experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in sales, marketing, or related field.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forecasting: 3 years (Preferred)
- account management: 3 years (Required)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Confectionary/Snack: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts